Manx Mosque Facebook Group

Amadeus

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this quote on there from "Kaite Glover", who I expect must be a delightful young lady, was particularly enlightening

No mosque, paki's are hangin!!! They all want fked in a bottle of bleach..... Dirty stinkin twats!! This is the isle of man not the isle of paki!!! Do 1 pray somewhere else..... Like of douglas head.

Lovely.

And also a mr. Danny Waterworth...

i just moved from manchester, and have seen the damage they have caused there so why let them ruin a perfectly innocent beautiful island, they wont be happy until they take over the world so i say to all you who want or back a mosque...... FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS TAKE A TRIP TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN WITH THE REST OF YOU PARASITE BASTARDS!!!!!

Edit : beaten to it

I feel sorry for the Muslims of Manchester, having to share a city with people like Mr. Waterworth.

Of course, opposition to a mosque isn't technically racist but 'm pretty certain there'd be less opposition if the worshipers were more white.

I think this opposition to the mosque IS technically racist:

Katie Glover wrote

at 9:10am on April 17th, 2009

No mosque, paki's are hangin!!! They all want fked in a bottle of bleach..... Dirty stinkin twats!! This is the isle of man not the isle of paki!!! Do 1 pray somewhere else..... Like of douglas head.

Agreed - she is being openly racist - and apparently without a care that she is identifiable. However, moslems aren't a "race" under any of the legal definitions and therefore simply "opposing a mosque" is not in and of itself racist.

It is possible to oppose a mosque (theological/philosophical/planning objections)without being racist albeit that this appears to be the minority position but I do accept (and implied same in my post) that most objections are likely to stem from the objector's racism.

NB: I haven't visited the facebook site (blocked) and have assumed that the quotations given by Ans* are representative of the group's comments.

*quotes that leave me uncertain whether to laugh or cry.

QLD

I don't think it's the asthmatic you're looking for. Seems like a younger feller.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking for anyone. I was failry sure that this one was not a master and has much to learn.

Katie Glover wrote

at 9:10am on April 17th, 2009

Made me laugh.

Don't see the big fuss TBH, How many practicing moslems are on the IOM approx?, that'll do the equation as to if a new building is needed, my guess would be no.

The pro group has ten members, the no group three hundred.

Lots of people with their full names being racist. Very clever - I've seen people sacked over less. People need to wise up with sites like Facebook - fools.

Even better, one or two of the more intellectually challenged amongst them have got recognisable photos.

A positive identification always saves time when declining to cross the road and piss on them when they're on fire.

To be fair, there are about as many comments damning the group as there are supporting it. I wouldn't take it as read that anyone who joined the group supports the group view.

Archived