Keep The Isle Of Man White & Free From Foreigners

cassettiespagetie

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly wouldn't know as I've not been in that situation. Surely leaving school with good GCSE grades (obtained through exams set by external bodies) shows that these people are certainly capable of demonstrating good use of language. It is how they use these skills on a personal level that is the issue.

I got c's and mostly d's.. :lol: and got the old "has the ability, but never tries", however I knew people who had a's and b's yet wouldn't pass any sort of common sense test.

I cannot stand writing CV's or job application forms, I know my spelling/grammar is awful, at the time though I hated school, was more like I was taught from a laptop and smart board (using US english and on some pages from websites such as wikipedia bad spelling), would quite happily see computers in schools banned besides IT lessons. What happened to blackboards and a teacher who actually knew what they were talking about (IE a frequent one was unable to explain something so brought up a web page instead, how google can replace any teacher!!

I honestly wouldn't know as I've not been in that situation. Surely leaving school with good GCSE grades (obtained through exams set by external bodies) shows that these people are certainly capable of demonstrating good use of language. It is how they use these skills on a personal level that is the issue.

I got c's and mostly d's.. :lol: and got the old "has the ability, but never tries", however I knew people who had a's and b's yet wouldn't pass any sort of common sense test.

I cannot stand writing CV's or job application forms, I know my spelling/grammar is awful, at the time though I hated school, was more like I was taught from a laptop and smart board (using US english and on some pages from websites such as wikipedia bad spelling), would quite happily see computers in schools banned besides IT lessons. What happened to blackboards and a teacher who actually knew what they were talking about (IE a frequent one was unable to explain something so brought up a web page instead, how google can replace any teacher!!

HAHAHA 1 DAY SOON WE WILL SEE

you try 2 w0rk with your hands LMAO

you have to learn 2 walk befor flying

... cv=gay arse batty shit.

businesses references YOUR NAME no add's your work.

no lazy shit dude

How very true, sadly in those years my dad had to leave the island for work, taking me with him obviously.

I don't give a shit about whatever the colour of our new residents is, it's the English trying to make our island English who really should be deported.

Are you English? If so you're an immigrant too.

Your dad left to another country to look for work? You mean your dad was an immigrant? What a cunt.

True but when there he didn't try to make England a clone of the Isle of Man. Unlike English comeovers here (like you?)

How very true, sadly in those years my dad had to leave the island for work, taking me with him obviously.

I don't give a shit about whatever the colour of our new residents is, it's the English trying to make our island English who really should be deported.

Are you English? If so you're an immigrant too.

Your dad left to another country to look for work? You mean your dad was an immigrant? What a cunt.

True but when there he didn't try to make England a clone of the Isle of Man. Unlike English comeovers here (like you?)

smooks please get it right, you mean like some comeovers, a lot actually see this place as far better and do all they can to fit in with the lifestyle, it is a rather bigoted view that all are the same, generalisation like that only shows ignorance.

You can hardly judge the entire school by a select few, especially since a good few of the people have left school, including the person who started it.

I wholeheartedly agree that the media has misrepresented what actually happened in that group. The majority of the students appear to have joined to make a nonsense of what was being said, although the way in which some of them chose to do so (attempted use of irony or sarcasm) was easy for the media to quote out of context.

It doesn't help matters that Facebook allows people to present themselves as representatives of the school if they have an email account in the appropriate domain, so that even to Facebook members who are not their friends they appear as 'Joe Bloggs (Ballakermeen High School)'. I would strongly suggest that the Department of Education make a request to Facebook to prevent students of the Island's schools presenting themselves in this way. We've all seen the risk now.

It doesn't help matters that Facebook allows people to present themselves as representatives of the school if they have an email account in the appropriate domain, so that even to Facebook members who are not their friends they appear as 'Joe Bloggs (Ballakermeen High School)'. I would strongly suggest that the Department of Education make a request to Facebook to prevent students of the Island's schools presenting themselves in this way. We've all seen the risk now.

I think you're over blowing the situation. This could have been any school in the UK because if you trawl through Facebook there's loads of stuff there that's not too much different to this.

What went wrong here was simple. The Facebook site had been up for a while and nobody had noticed. The fact that the site did exist was finally posted up on this Forum weeks later. Some journalist desparate for stories because they can't print the real stuff that happens over here picks up on it from Manxforums and writes a story thinking it was news when most people had already known about it weeks ago. Because of this that story gets picked up by the BBC and then by Google once the news articles are posted online, then it just gets linked in or picked up anywhere - including the Sun and the Telegraph.

I wonder what Mr Cretney has to say about the staff lay offs at Haldain Fisher, two local men with a combined service between them of over thirty years were given 12 weeks notice this week while two polish men started last year on permits are being kept on

Oh god... What have I done!?

I've e-mailed iomtoday to complain that you haven't had credit for this story and to suggest they give you a summer job.

I would have suggested you could be Newsbot, whilst the normal one goes and gets a tan, but unfortunately your English is too good.

Archived