The Island Fights Back

bluemonday

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see the Mayoress has already started by sending the chain of office off to postal gold*

*Disclaimer this probably didn't happen but the chain did vanish just a few days after the ads started to appear.

Did they ever find that chain?

Actually I thought we'd all agreed not to talk about that anymore.

You know the convenient sort of thing:

". . .let's not go there"

". . . . draw a line under it"

". . . . . . . we've moved on from that"

I am more than happy to discuss the subject....

I overheard the other day that there are 29 planning committees on the Island. Surely that can't be true.

The planning submition is also brought before the works commitee, we then discuss and approve or not approve etc... the question is do they actually listen to what we think???

If they don't then what is the point.

I overheard the other day that there are 29 planning committees on the Island. Surely that can't be true.

The planning submition is also brought before the works commitee, we then discuss and approve or not approve etc... the question is do they actually listen to what we think???

If they don't then what is the point.

Actually the Planning Authority is DLGE and they only have one Planning Committee (1 political member and 5 public members I think). I think you're referring to the way the various local authorities choose to organise themselves. They are party to planning applications but don't make the decisions. I'm hoping that these problems will actually be a final cataylst to re-organise local government, the current set up is plain silly.

A leaked letter PMSL. Top secret stuff. Good to see plans are progressing well.... Carry on as usual. Nothing to see here.

They voted on a £750,000 security fence Tuesday, but its the lack of butties that's going to get us out of this mess.

As you say PMSL several times. What a bunch of losers.

They could have started with their gold plated pensions; the best arrangement in the entire British Isles. But I suppose a few sandwiches is a much better way of addressing a £90m shortfall.

How about the Examiner do a multi page spread of all the civil service posts and salaries? No names ofcourse.

On top of that, all MHK/MLC related wages and expenses.

Plus all gov departmental budget breakdowns.

Plus any other relevant stuff.

Ask for some real business experts to comment on where they would make the savings and how they would generate cash.

Get each MHK/MLC to comment.

Nothing may ever come of it, but it would be good for the newspaper circulation.

How about the Examiner do a multi page spread of Ask for some real business experts to comment on where they would make the savings and how they would generate cash.

But isn't this actually the 'Scale and scope of government' document that they have been happily ignoring since 2006? It made some great suggestions. All of which got totally and utterly buried after the report was complied at great expense.

A leaked letter PMSL. Top secret stuff. Good to see plans are progressing well.... Carry on as usual. Nothing to see here.

They voted on a £750,000 security fence Tuesday, but its the lack of butties that's going to get us out of this mess.

As you say PMSL several times. What a bunch of losers.

No, unless these guys get a grip, WE are the losers.

How about the Examiner do a multi page spread of all the civil service posts and salaries? No names ofcourse.

On top of that, all MHK/MLC related wages and expenses.

Plus all gov departmental budget breakdowns.

Plus any other relevant stuff.

Ask for some real business experts to comment on where they would make the savings and how they would generate cash.

Nothing may ever come of it, but it would be good for the newspaper circulation.

What he said - someone make it so!

Even if there are, the members don't get paid do they, eg Maughold commissioners and the like? And they can only make recommendations - thankfully professional Planners have the final say (except when a govt minister over-rules them). Ramsey Commissioners were banging on a few months ago about wanting to be in charge of Planning in the town - they'd have had to employ professionals to do environmental impact statements etc, therefore extra costs. I'd hate my planning application to be in the hands of that shower.

Even if there are, the members don't get paid do they, eg Maughold commissioners and the like?

It's indicative of how overly bureaucratic and officious the island is. Everyone loves playing at politics.

Archived