Manx Wow Guild Ideas

Shill

The triumphant WoW guild MANX stepped into its first Cataclysm raid last night, and got killed, horribly.

We are however running 5-man Cataclysm heroics pretty successfully, and gearing up towards having another crack at a raid.

Also working on the fifty billion different guild achivements, which has meant some fun tourist runs through the Outland heroics and raids (Black Temple, Karazhan etc), knocking down the Wrath heroics, doing classic raids and so on.

On a good night we have 15+ members online at once, which is very promising.

Anyone interested please roll a character on Frostwhisper (Alliance) and do a:

/who manx

for an invite from a guildy. All we really ask is that you're from/live on the IOM or have IOM connections, as it gives the guild a nice friendly feel.

New website which can be found at:

http://manx.enjin.com/home

(manxjam.com won't be around much longer)

post-18300-0-33664600-1298125501_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

It's fair to say we haven't seen enormous success in Cataclysm raids.

The 10-man 'gear check' boss in Baradin Hold we can kill consistently, but we haven't taken down a 10-man boss apart from that, although we have come very close.

(Five man Cataclysm heroics we can knock down comfortably.)

Still, patch 4.1 is now upon us with two new 5-mans to run with the first epic gear to drop out of 5-mans in this expansion, and also an accelerated rate of the gathering of Valor Points now available, which should flesh out our slots that are missing epics reasonably quickly.

Always happy to welcome new IOM based/connected members to the fold - as ever, Alliance on Frostwhisper, do a /who Manx to see who's online and ask for an invite :)

http://manx.enjin.com/

Edited by Twonky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all

I started out on Frostwhisper alliaince in an old vanilla guild called Solid

However i currently run my own Horde guild on Kazzak so if anyone wants a home for social chats or raiding 10 / 25 mans then Give me a poke ingame or pm here

http://www.dreamcatchers.org.uk/

this is the url too my website also :)

Hey all

I started out on Frostwhisper alliaince in an old vanilla guild called Solid

However i currently run my own Horde guild on Kazzak so if anyone wants a home for social chats or raiding 10 / 25 mans then Give me a poke ingame or pm here

http://www.dreamcatchers.org.uk/

this is the url too my website also :)

Blimey dude your guild is a bit uber, 25-man heroic Cata kills all over the place :o

Mind, we've got a few 25-man kills ourselves. (In, ummmmm, Ahn'Qiraj, with a load of 85s...... :D)

We are very much a friendly, social levelling guild more than an endgame raiding guild, although we are hoping to get round to taking down Cata raid content sooner or later. I suspect we'll need to overgear it a bit, going in with the 'right' gear as it were has proven to be a bit much.

What utter tosh! We used to be but now everyone joined a serious raiding guild because their own guild was not making enough progress, so really its just me, my Swedish mates and a couple of others who aren't in the least bit bothered about "downing end game content every day" -

What utter tosh! We used to be but now everyone joined a serious raiding guild because their own guild was not making enough progress, so really its just me, my Swedish mates and a couple of others who aren't in the least bit bothered about "downing end game content every day" -

:o

AFAIK four people have moved their mains to other guilds, but are still active with their alts.

I have updated the guild website, as I think the huge nerf coming in 4.2 may be guild Manx's saviour :D

http://manx.enjin.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We are trying firelands 25 at the moment with limited success. 10 man looks quite straight forward and we have killed 2 of them, working on the 3rd at the moment. I would love to play with some manxies again but I only get 3 sessions a week on wow and I currently use them to raid.

I am hoping they extend the real ID to raid sign up as well as dungeons. Maybe if they add this feature we can get some manx pug raids going :)

Guild 'Manx' has died on its arse unfortunately, we made the mistake of trying the first tier of raid content when we were just about geared for it, and quite frankly weren't up to the task.

As a result our best players got somewhat disenchanted and moved their main characters to other guilds, which then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of disappointment and a total inability to even attempt raid content for those left behind.

We're lucky to have five online at once these days.

It's been excellent news for my levelling though, I now have five 85s with a couple of other characters on their way to 85 as well :lol:

Edited by Twonky