General Election 2011 - Michael

Declan

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Paul lived in K Michael for a long time and has only recently moved?

I'm not talking about Paul, or even Alf Cannan, who does have some connection with Michael, I'm talking about David 'Mission from God' Talbot who, as far as I can see, has no direct connection with the area. I would be interested to hear exactly why he'd prefer to stand in Michael, rather than Glenfaba, where he lives.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also like to hear from him why this...

Tourism and heritage - to look at the development of a marina for Ramsey Harbour as a facility that will attract people to the town with shoppers from on and off the Island.

from his website, is a 'local issue' for the contituency of Michael?

Oh, I've now figured out why David 'Jesus Loves Me' Talbot is standing for the house of key. Amongst other things, his list of achievements include (drum roll please)

"Manages with his wife a Tourist Board registered, self-catering unit which achieved Best Self Catering Award 2007"

So let me get this right...he won some chonky award in 2007 for his accommodation....naturally, he seems himself as the next Minsiter of Tourism, God Willing.

Sounds about right.

John Rimington was made minister of Argiculture and Fisheries, I believe, on account of him previously being a garden landscaper.

Pam Crowe had said she was suitable for Minister of DoLGE because she had once made a planning application.

Can't help thinking that Paul H shot himself in the foot the other day. He was given 5 minutes airtime on Manx Radio (at a busy time just before 8.00 am) and said NOTHING. All he did was fight off questions.

Quite strange! :o

Can't help thinking that Paul H shot himself in the foot the other day. He was given 5 minutes airtime on Manx Radio (at a busy time just before 8.00 am) and said NOTHING. All he did was fight off questions.

Quite strange! :o

Sounds like ideal MHK material.

Looking at David 'God botherer' Talbot's twitter account I see, along with all his other faults, that he is a Man United supporter. And for that reason, I'm out.

Very sensible! What is needed is Everton fans in Tynwald!

He's got a twitter account, but he can't be arsed to wear out some shoe leather to tell the people what sets him apart? That said, none of them appear to have done more than stick a piece of crappy paper through the letter box - apart from Alf Cannan who held a 'meet the candidate' evening in the village. I didn't go as I was away, but at least he's making an effort....

He's got a twitter account, but he can't be arsed to wear out some shoe leather to tell the people what sets him apart? That said, none of them appear to have done more than stick a piece of crappy paper through the letter box - apart from Alf Cannan who held a 'meet the candidate' evening in the village. I didn't go as I was away, but at least he's making an effort....

you are Alf Cannon and I claim my £5

Archived