General Election 2011 - Michael

Declan

He's got a twitter account, but he can't be arsed to wear out some shoe leather to tell the people what sets him apart? That said, none of them appear to have done more than stick a piece of crappy paper through the letter box - apart from Alf Cannan who held a 'meet the candidate' evening in the village. I didn't go as I was away, but at least he's making an effort....

Talbot is organising a series of meetings to happen in early August. Unfortunately I'll be away when they are held so I won't be able to turn up in my Satan outfit and heckle from the back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul H currently on Talking Heads - trying very hard, but sounds a bit out of his depth.

y apologies to Paul H. I've just listened to Mr Cannan on Talking Heads and, compared to him, Paul was smooth and professional. I lost count of the number of "y'know" and "at the end of the day." Definitely not impressive.

Paul H currently on Talking Heads - trying very hard, but sounds a bit out of his depth.

y apologies to Paul H. I've just listened to Mr Cannan on Talking Heads and, compared to him, Paul was smooth and professional. I lost count of the number of "y'know" and "at the end of the day." Definitely not impressive.

You must have listened to a different program to me. I agree that some aspects were a bit shaky, but he stands his ground well and actually has some positive policies. I'm not sure that Paul Heavey has said anything of any note at all.

You must have listened to a different program to me. I agree that some aspects were a bit shaky, but he stands his ground well and actually has some positive policies. I'm not sure that Paul Heavey has said anything of any note at all.

Thank you Terse, very kind of you to say so.

To interestedman: I do apologise if you feel unsure that I have said anything of note as yet. This is mostly because unlike many candidates I take my time to listen before going off on a rant that is entirely unconnected with the question of which I’ve been asked. But fear not. There will be plenty over the next few weeks to keep you amused. Just be patient, not long to wait now.

I will be sorry to see David Cannan go - one of the best of a bad bunch. I'm not that impressed by any of the contenders for the post but David Talbot seems to be at the wacky end of wacky, based on the links supplied - ManxPrayer.net has the following ludicrous nonsense on it...

Our vision is to see renewal on the Island leading to Kingdom principles being brought to all aspect of Island Life as inspired by the teachings of Jesus Christ during His earthly ministry. In His prayer given to the disciples it states that in praying to our Heavenly Father we should anticipate ‘His will being done on earth as it is in Heaven’.

Manx PrayerNet seeks to:

•Produce a regular Newsletter with information about current prayer issues and ministries

•Arrange for prayer cover and prophetic insight for mission activity

•Facilitate seminars and workshops on prayer and intercession

•Interface with those in the community we are praying for

•Develop local and international links through the Prayer Forum

•Identify key areas of prayer around the Island

•Circulate emergency prayer requests

•Support local churches and ministries

•Build up a network of local praying groups

Prayer Projects and Resources at Manx PrayerNet:

Praying from the Hilltops

Praying for the City

Coastal Footprints

Praying for TT and motorcycle racing around the Island.

Prayer Diary

Douglas Prayer Walk

Poustinia – “Sunnyside”,

Dalby Monthly IMPACT meetings 1st Wednesday at Nadine House

Devotions each Monday AM around 9-30am with staff at Nadine House.

We have enough useless nutjobs in the House of Keys as it is - does anyone want to give power to a religious maniac like this? I look forward to the day he knocks on my door asking for my vote.

While personally I could never vote for anyone with strong religious ties, I'd still say welcome on board Mr Talbot - always nice to have candidates stopping by.

As a word of advice: honesty is the best policy around here. People have sufficient practice to smell BS from a mile away and won't be afraid to voice their opinions in sometimes rather strong terms.

Oh dear. Alfie has just gone down in my estimation even further. He claims that government needs to look to the private sector to help the recovery, possibly taking a leaf out of Jersey's book....

If he had bothered to do some proper research, he would know that Jersey is completely on it's arse both financially and politically.

100 lines Mr Cannan..."I must do my homework before opening my (Sandhurst educated, what what) mouth on the radio.

Oh dear. Alfie has just gone down in my estimation even further. He claims that government needs to look to the private sector to help the recovery, possibly taking a leaf out of Jersey's book....

If he had bothered to do some proper research, he would know that Jersey is completely on it's arse both financially and politically.

100 lines Mr Cannan..."I must do my homework before opening my (Sandhurst educated, what what) mouth on the radio.

I think if you had listened he said that the Jersey Finance (the Jersey equivalent of DED) was a good model to look at, not Jersey itself. Obviously given the abuse you are not a big fan, but I actually think he comes across quite well and can hold his ground. You need to be a bit more constructive in your assessment otherwise it's you who will be in detention!!

I think if you had listened he said that the Jersey Finance (the Jersey equivalent of DED) was a good model to look at, not Jersey itself. Obviously given the abuse you are not a big fan, but I actually think he comes across quite well and can hold his ground. You need to be a bit more constructive in your assessment otherwise it's you who will be in detention!!

I think everywhere's on its arse financially and politically. Any bright ideas Bean (LOL).

I did listen to the programme, and it does worry me that Alfie didn't know we already have something pretty much identical called....yes, Isle of Man Finance. No, I don't have all the answers - but there again I'm not the one standing in the election. I've known Alfie for many years, and he talks the talk...but, as they say, actions speak louder than words.

I think everywhere's on its arse financially and politically. Any bright ideas Bean (LOL).

I think if you had listened he said that the Jersey Finance (the Jersey equivalent of DED) was a good model to look at, not Jersey itself. Obviously given the abuse you are not a big fan, but I actually think he comes across quite well and can hold his ground. You need to be a bit more constructive in your assessment otherwise it's you find thho will be detention!!

I did listen to the programme, and it does worry me that Alfie didn't know we already have something pretty much identical called....yes, Isle of Man Finance. No, I don't have all the answers - but there again I'm not the one standing in the election. I've known Alfie for many years, and he talks the talk...but, as they say, actions speak louder than words.

I think you will find that IOM Finance has been put to bed but in any case it didn't match up to Jersey and also was paid for purely by the taxpayer, unlike Jersey Finance which receives funding from the private sector. Anyway, don't get me started on Isle of Man finance........!!

Archived