Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

I see that the Manxman was unable to dock in Douglas this morning due to strong winds - I guess one more of the problems to be filed under operational reasons - plus of course the additional 6.6M needed to improve the harbour so it can dock

btw can you turn off the notice of logging in from a new device - my adsl line changes its address almost daily. Edited by Frances

9 minutes ago, Frances said:

I see that the Manxman was unable to dock in Douglas this morning due to strong winds - I guess one more of the problems to be filed under operational reasons - plus of course the additional 6.6M needed to improve the harbour so it can dock

no no, it's a teething problem apparently , that's what all the other issues have been categorised as.

37 minutes ago, Frances said:

btw can you turn off the notice of logging in from a new device - my adsl line changes its address almost daily.

I think the alterations to the quay will make it harder to dock not easier. The extension is to make it more secure once its docked.

20 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think the alterations to the quay will make it harder to dock not easier. The extension is to make it more secure once its docked.

Another amount of great forward planning by those responsible. Why are these alterations being done after the vessel has already been here for 4 months and going into a time period where the weather is obviously going to be worse? Rather than having them done before she arrived.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Another amount of great forward planning by those responsible. Why are these alterations being done after the vessel has already been here for 4 months and going into a time period where the weather is obviously going to be worse? Rather than having them done before she arrived.

Are you asking me? I have no idea. Seems crazy.

37 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Because the DoI is involved. Same as the road in Ballasalla. 90% complete apart from the DoI but which they don't seem to be too arsed about starting