Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

16 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I take it reading isn't your strong point...

Aside from the silt issue which is boat neutral, I think the service so far over this period by the MM is amazing. Clearly they have more confidence in the boat. Its now running reliable and docking fine in very difficult conditions. 

I think instead of moaning we should be celebrating our new boat and commending all those that played a part in us having it. 

I was worried about this run up to Christmas these gales. I am comforted by the great performance. Folks who have travelled in the last 3 days have told me how much more comfortable the sailings were compared to the Ben.

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Kopek said:

but not accepting that you are one of those warriors on one or the other side of the argument!!!

12 hours ago, Kopek said:

I do wonder. Wooley, if you were subject to the disturbance of your travel plans if you you would be  be so supportive of the SP stance ???

I'm not on either side of this because there isn't yet enough information upon which to judge. All I've done is to debunk the ridiculous comments asserting that Manxman isn't fit for the Irish Sea without a shred of evidence to back them up. I've shared my personal experience that she sails steadily and pretty serenely in some rather dirty weather. Just like anyone else, I have no insight to say that she will be the best boat we ever had, but for certain there is nothing at all to suggest she's a disaster. Nothing.

I was booked on a sailing a fortnight ago that was cancelled and had to be rearranged. It happens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gizo said:

The arms length company isn’t so far arms length after all. 
soneones told them to start using that new boat

The Master has no doubt belatedly twigged that not going in high wind rather supports the management’s desire to have officers and crew live on board the ship.

2 hours ago, WTF said:

the boat is perfect , the ports are the problem,  fuck off.

The real problem is Heysham. Always has been.

Both Seatruck sailings from Heysham to Warrenpoint were cancelled yesterday due to the wind. And it looks as though Stena Hibernia had to hide in Douglas bay for a bit overnight.

Edited by Ringy Rose

2 hours ago, WTF said:

so the same ports it was expected to be using before it was purchased then ??    the boat is perfect , the ports are the problem,  fuck off.  

No. Because, again, we don't yet have the necessary information to judge. People are simply deciding this on the basis of some cancelled sailings when there are so many unknowns, like the extent of commissioning restrictions still in place if any, and the dredging/construction works ongoing at either port.

54 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Aside from the silt issue which is boat neutral, I think the service so far over this period by the MM is amazing. Clearly they have more confidence in the boat. Its now running reliable and docking fine in very difficult conditions. 

I think instead of moaning we should be celebrating our new boat and commending all those that played a part in us having it. 

I was worried about this run up to Christmas these gales. I am comforted by the great performance. Folks who have travelled in the last 3 days have told me how much more comfortable the sailings were compared to the Ben.

Hooray!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gizo said:

The arms length company isn’t so far arms length after all. 
soneones told them to start using that new boat

Remarkable piece of insight. Who would you suggest might have done this? One of our august politicians or a high ranking civil servant? Even if they had the stupidity they wouldn't have the bravery for fear of it all going pear-shaped. They're too steeped in their arse covering culture to risk it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, woolley said:

They're too steeped in their arse covering culture to risk it.

Maybe you right. 

but the sudden change of attitude by going to sail smacks of nods from above. Especially since they were facebooking the Facebook warriors about the Stena hiding in the bay then themselves going out. Mmmmmmm. 
whoever’s in charge of social media for the steamie obviously went on the same course as the Police media team and Rob Collister. 

5 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Maybe you right. 

but the sudden change of attitude by going to sail smacks of nods from above. Especially since they were facebooking the Facebook warriors about the Stena hiding in the bay then themselves going out. Mmmmmmm. 
whoever’s in charge of social media for the steamie obviously went on the same course as the Police media team and Rob Collister. 

Well tonight’s sailing cancelled so perhaps ask a minister to overrule capt😂

Edited by Banker