Mountain Watch

Mission

18 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’m calling bullshit on that one. No you haven’t. 

Call it what you like, I have.

I will grant you three abreast is unusual. Two abreast in fog no lights is more common. 

Two abreast in fog with some sort of light side by side chatting whilst huffing and puffing even more  common

But why put yourself in potential danger just to piss people off? It’s not like there is a lack of suitable alternatives.

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Call it what you like, I have.

I will grant you three abreast is unusual. Two abreast in fog no lights is more common. 

Two abreast in fog with some sort of light side by side chatting whilst huffing and puffing even more  common

But why put yourself in potential danger just to piss people off? It’s not like there is a lack of suitable alternatives.

I'm also calling bullshit. 

Why do people on a 30 x 10 island have to be such speed hungry morons. 

In the Scottish Highlands recently I came across many cyclists, walkers, runners, caravans, all on national speed limit, A or B roads. Everyone just gets on and you make it to your destination. Usually without any particular delay.

Just apply a little common sense and you'll find that being stuck behind a bicycle/tractor/whatever won't really hold you up for that long on the island. Certainly not long enough to risk yours or someone else's life for.

1 hour ago, flaps said:

I'm sure a heavily policed speed limit would be more effective in reducing the woeful serious RTC statistics than banning cyclists. Lets face it - most cyclists don't go up there even when it's not TT. The high number of collisions is mostly due to insufficient skill. You can argue about that if you want. It won't change the truth though.

Fixed. And I speak with some mea culpa authority.

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

What the fuck are the rozzers doing on the floor?

Screenshot_20220602-080828_Facebook.thumb.jpg.445b5cfbdb88793a96d11c5e5146c6b6.jpg

To get a better angle/aim with the speed gun? But aren't there rules about the operator having to be clearly and easily visible by the road users?