Sefton. Economic Policy Review Committee

John Wright

A follow up will probably contain

" lessons have been learned we move on" and " No individual to blame "

This is actually easier than bullshit bingo !

My god this shower are even more contemptuous of other peoples money than even I imagined !!

Which begs the question what did you imagine in the first place?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with a report like this is that the 3 members who sat are all members of various govt departments and herefore part of Govt. Even if they are acting totally independently it unfortunatly does make it all seem a little bit cosy. I have read the report in full, although not the attached evidence and it does appear that the report pulls a few punches.

Imo some interesting legal aspects of what the report says, never mind what it does not say. For instance if the Government acted outside of its legal powers in respect of using other peoples money, then where does that leave them ?

Have they " treated the property as their own when not entitled to do so " very grey area !! part of the theft act.

What if a taxpayer or taxpayers makes a complaint regarding the unlawful use of public money ?

Perhaps we should get our AG to opine !

Well they did have a difficult decision to make. Were the Sefton Group to close who in their right mind would buy the assets?

Despite often comparing most of those involved to the Muppet Show I do think this was the right decision, albeit not taken professionally.

with you been a shareholder. it comes as no surprise that you support this decision

Years ago an Aussie business consultant mate (IMD degree) warned me about GFL. 'Nuff said...

Well they did have a difficult decision to make. Were the Sefton Group to close who in their right mind would buy the assets?

Despite often comparing most of those involved to the Muppet Show I do think this was the right decision, albeit not taken professionally.

with you been a shareholder. it comes as no surprise that you support this decision

Years ago an Aussie business consultant mate (IMD degree) warned me about GFL. 'Nuff said...

A new management team took over in January 1982. Graham Ferguson Lacey, 33, chairman and chief executive officer of NCC Energy, took on the same titles at Simplicity. Six of Lacey's allies also joined the board.

Lacey's Simplicity decided to pour cash into a gold-mining project in Australia - a Waltons Bond venture - and to buy $25 million of notes issued by a Waltons Bond-controlled mining company. This would be good for Waltons Bond, which needed cash. It would not be good for Simplicity.

Then the deals unraveled. Simplicity's small stockholders, worried about the drain of assets, filed suit April 30 of that year to block the actions. This was self-dealing, served only the personal interests of the defendants and constituted fraud, the suit said. The board had been checkmated.

Been around since before 1982/google GFL and Simplicity

"If the Committee reports that the vires is doubtful, it will need careful handling by us all. This may be a major issue.

May the Committee see the legal advice given about the powers under which the Government could act?"

Isle of Man. Giving you freedom to flourish

Archived