Sefton. Economic Policy Review Committee

John Wright

Should be an interesting Tynwald debate when the day comes

Shimmin promised to fall on his sword if found wanting

The committee suggest that the Government acted in a manner which stretched its powers to the limit – and, we think, beyond

Who stretched powers beyond governments limit?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be an interesting Tynwald debate when the day comes

Shimmin promised to fall on his sword if found wanting

The committee suggest that the Government acted in a manner which stretched its powers to the limit – and, we think, beyond

Who stretched powers beyond governments limit?

I wonder if Mr Shimmin is planning on asking the Honourable Mr Anderson in Tynwald what his department's emergency procedure is for people who inadvertently fall on large knife-like objects?

Most interesting to me is the 'record of the meeting (evidence ref. 44) the legality of the loan was discussed to Council's satisfaction' appears not to be included in the package released to the public, and therefore - unless someone manages to get their hands on it - we shall never know how the legal issues were approached. It has already been said that no legal advice was taken until Mrs Beecroft requested information on it

How could the legality of the loan be discussed to CoMin's satisfaction if no advice was sought?

No detail has been released to the public of the CoMin meeting where the financial support for the Sefton Group was approved

Look at the photograph of the smug fxxxxxs on IOM today website nearly threw my monitor through the window !!

Ye Gods !

Step away from the letter box now. It's on the front of the Courier too.

The scary thing is that I can't tell if IOM Newspapers are being deferential or satirical.

Would they know the difference?

Look at the photograph of the smug fxxxxxs on IOM today website nearly threw my monitor through the window !!

Ye Gods !

Step away from the letter box now. It's on the front of the Courier too.

The scary thing is that I can't tell if IOM Newspapers are being deferential or satirical.

Would they know the difference?

would they know what the words meant???

Most interesting to me is the 'record of the meeting (evidence ref. 44) the legality of the loan was discussed to Council's satisfaction' appears not to be included in the package released to the public, and therefore - unless someone manages to get their hands on it - we shall never know how the legal issues were approached. It has already been said that no legal advice was taken until Mrs Beecroft requested information on it

How could the legality of the loan be discussed to CoMin's satisfaction if no advice was sought?

No detail has been released to the public of the CoMin meeting where the financial support for the Sefton Group was approved

Why would they need advice? They know everything already and are always right.

Why would they need advice? They know everything already and are always right.

who could they ask for impartial advice - one AG had serious financial dealings with both the group and GFL and presumeably recused himself and the other on gardening leave was probably wary of answering the phone.

John Shimmin's role not mentioned in Courier report.

You couldn't make this shit up...

...oh wait, they just did.

There's more to Shimbo than meets the eye.

I was at a Positive Action Group meeting at the Empress Hotel some time back in when they invited various politicians to talk and John Shimmin was there as a declared contender for Chief Minister.

The question of the sale of Ramsey Post Office came up and from the audience. I think it was being suggested that Richard Corkill had something to do with selling it to his bother in law. Johnn Shimmin was happy to put the record straight, and literally held his hand up and said "it was me who sold the Ramsey Post Office". (on behalf of Government).

Cavalier or what.

Archived