Chemtrails Over Douglas (Or Not?)

Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifDouglas Promenade - with labels.jpg

I count 5 trails on here (I've labelled them on the image), and only 2 planes that had gone past on the flight plan website. Or does our range of the visible sky extend further than I think? What is the range of our view of the sky?

Have you considered that planes move fast but the contrails (effectively clouds) hang around for much longer?

What is the range of our view of the sky?

If you go to planefinder.net which is pretty near real time, you can find out yourself by looking up in the sky.

So for example, I can see these four aircraft over/near the Isle of Man, snapped a few minutes ago just by looking out of the office window:

post-15684-0-38518600-1390137990_thumb.jpg

On a clear day and with the right conditions, and binoculars, you could probably see every aircraft over UK. I have seen the Isle of Man from aircraft over Newcastle so I am sure it works the other way.

Can someone please draw a diagram on a map or something to show what range of the sky we're actually able to see from Douglas Promenade?

That is a very interesting question, actually. TJ comes up with some real funky, off the wall stuff. It's more interesting here since he arrived. He's a one off.

Can someone please draw a diagram on a map or something to show what range of the sky we're actually able to see from Douglas Promenade?

A quick back of an envelope calculation would lead me to believe that if you're looking at an angle of 30degrees to the horizontal at a plane flying at 30000ft - it would be above a spot just over 9 miles away. But it's been a while since I've needed to get my log/trig tables and slide rule out, so I might be a bit out.

It all depends on how long your piece of string is. On a good clear day the following is a good enough reasonable limit of view.

post-15684-0-21703400-1390153296_thumb.jpg

As I already said, under very good conditions I have seen the Isle of Man (and it will be vice versa) from an aircraft over Newcastle flying at approx 5,000 feet.

The other night you know, I even saw the moon (and that is miles and miles away) from Douglas Promenade.

Archived