MLC Arrested for Drink Driving

Declan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly he is the best Tinpotwald has to offer, and it is alleged he has committed one of the most heinous and reviled crimes you can commit - something has to give I'm afraid, if only to set high profile precedents, and set an example to the population. If nothing happens, I'm afraid the high profile police campaigns are a waste of time and money and need to be scrapped along with the TT campaigns - it's obvious they are not working.

Incidentally Manx Radio and 3fm/Energy fm haven't reported this as yet - unless someone trying to sweep

under the carpet

Sadly he is the best Tinpotwald has to offer, and it is alleged he has committed one of the most heinous and reviled crimes you can commit - something has to give I'm afraid, if only to set high profile precedents, and set an example to the population. If nothing happens, I'm afraid the high profile police campaigns are a waste of time and money and need to be scrapped along with the TT campaigns - it's obvious they are not working.

I'm sorry but this sort of think to me typifies the arrogance of the whole lot of them. No doubt he felt very secure in his place in the Manx establishment as he slipped the key in and thought "Well if I get stopped they know who I am" or maybe felt secure in his belief that his reg number was probably on the wall somewhere on a VIP list. Just colossal arrogance like the rest of them. Three times over the limit is going for it as well. As others have said not charged yet but just shows the attitude in general of these unaccountable people who think they have diplomatic immunity from everything because of their status.

What do you mean by idiocy of the drink driving laws? Do you believe it's ok to drink and drive?

Yeah, within reason.

No drink driving full stop! I not against people smoking, it's their choice - however once you partake in alcohol and get behind the wheel you are playing a game of Russian roulette. You may get home safely - you may have an accident. You may knock over a Manx Star Cyclist destined for Olympic and great glory - you may not - why take a risk. It isn't worth it - if you can afford a drink you can afford a taxi. If you getting drinks gratis - you can definitely afford s taxi or transport.

No drink driving full stop! I not against people smoking, it's their choice - however once you partake in alcohol and get behind the wheel you are playing a game of Russian roulette. You may get home safely - you may have an accident. You may knock over a Manx Star Cyclist destined for Olympic and great glory - you may not - why take a risk. It isn't worth it - if you can afford a drink you can afford a taxi. If you getting drinks gratis - you can definitely afford s taxi or transport.

Your points apply to sober drivers too.

Was he at the Home affairs office party? Juan well called the police on him babahahahaba

To be fair to Juan, he may be a complete tool and spews up on the bus, but I doubt he would drink drive - I don't think he has passed his driving test? However, I don't have faith in other MHKs and MLCs and some of their exploits in the islands hostelries and stuff of legends.

Your points apply to sober drivers too.

It goes without saying. I'm not having a go, we need zero tolerance on this issue. If I commit a road traffic offence I expect to face the consequences - get over it, move on and pay the fine or do the time - hopefully you learn from your mistakes and it makes you a better person.

Archived