MLC Arrested for Drink Driving

Declan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He probably wouldn't have done it if he wasn't pissed.

Excuse me but surely you don't expect him to walk in that state do you?

It's "arrested on suspicion" until the results of the blood tests come through.

Wouldn't it be ironic if there was somehow a mix-up at the lab?

How do you know what state he was in?

Sorted !! MTP would you have the same opinion if he had mown down one of your family members ?

Three times over the limit is exceedingly dangerous and surely he should expect and be given a proportionate sentence just like normal members of society.

Three times over the limit is only dangerous if you drive like a cock as a result.

Just wondering how many times a week your drink and drive? Could you post your route so we can all avoid it?

I'm not accusing you of unsafe driving, I'd just rather not share the road with a total cock.

if he is guilty and it's his first offence then it's unlikely he will go to jail. very few first time drink drivers go to jail it's usually when they do it 2 or 3 times.

I haven't read the paper but going from comments here I'm guessing he hasn't been charged or appeared in court so I'm surprised the papers have printed the story at this time. how did the papers find out?

if he is guilty and it's his first offence then it's unlikely he will go to jail. very few first time drink drivers go to jail it's usually when they do it 2 or 3 times.

I haven't read the paper but going from comments here I'm guessing he hasn't been charged or appeared in court so I'm surprised the papers have printed the story at this time. how did the papers find out?

If it's 3x the limit every chance there could be a custodial sentence.

Mmmmmm who could have tipped off our investigative journalists? Numerous leaks come to mind, the same who leaked the story about Spewin Juan.

Nope Forestboy. He isn't particularly well either.

I doubt any custodial sentence will be handed out. And to be fair nor should it be. It wouldn't serve much purpose.

There is no excuse for doing it but to me it should be a long driving ban, fine and relinquihing of the MLC position.

You could argue it would be gross misconduct too and that would be a loss of pension accrued.

there was a story of a lad 3x the limit a few weeks back and he didn't get the jail.

He probably wouldn't have done it if he wasn't pissed.

Excuse me but surely you don't expect him to walk in that state do you? It's "arrested on suspicion" until the results of the blood tests come through. Wouldn't it be ironic if there was somehow a mix-up at the lab?
How do you know what state he was in?

It's not hard to imagine what state someone would be in if they were 3 times over the drink drinking limit to be honest. Nobody is suggesting he'd have have shat his pants. But you would certainly be more than a bit pissed if you were found to be 3 times over the drink driving limit. If, of course, the newspaper report is true.

The really sad thing in all this is that is that it will likely create another vacant seat in Legco to give some other useless tosser a leg up before they have to face the voters in September.

there was a story of a lad 3x the limit a few weeks back and he didn't get the jail.

In today's Examiner 'Santa' (what an appropriate name this time of year) escaped jail.

This MLC is supposed to be in a position of power and privilege who is paid a substantial amount of public purse money to oversee our equally useless MHK's so a fine is certainly not going to even bother him.

If he is charged and convicted, he must either be dismissed or resign.

As a vacancy comes up on Leg-Co, is it now time to drop their numbers by natural wastage and do away with these unelected parasites ?

Archived