MLC Arrested for Drink Driving

Declan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isle Of Man Newspapers say that "We have deliberately not allowed contributors to make comments on this story for legal reasons."

I bet that wouldn't happen if it wasn't an MLC.

If it wasn't a MLC, it wouldn't be front page news

... and if DHSC hadn't partnered with the Police, seeing as they can't really use their own Minister, it wouldn't be half as funny as it is ...

On the plus side for Tony Wild, if he gets banned from driving he won't need to worry about the proposed charges for Government Car Parking that he was concerned about. He will have to get a bus and of course, when you get the bus you can get legless and that with no repercussions.

How much did they make them pay? £192? Do you think now he won't be using his space he'd let me rent it for £500 a month? That's still less than half what I'm paying at the moment and a nice old profit to spend on bus fares in from Laxey.

You pay more than £1000 to park per month?

The incident has been kept well quiet, seeing it happened ten days ago on Dec12th

The Examiner reports he collapsed following his arrest and was treated for a heart condition, maybe that has something to do with it?

I was going to say how convenient but I won't 'cos it's not very charitable...........is it?

The incident has been kept well quiet, seeing it happened ten days ago on Dec12th

The Examiner reports he collapsed following his arrest and was treated for a heart condition, maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe it was the shock reaction to when he said "Officer, do you know who I am?" and the copper said "Yes, your a bloke were nicking for suspected drunk in charge"

He probably wouldn't have done it if he wasn't pissed.

Excuse me but surely you don't expect him to walk in that state do you?

It's "arrested on suspicion" until the results of the blood tests come through.

Wouldn't it be ironic if there was somehow a mix-up at the lab?

How do you know what state he was in?

>How do you know what state he was in?

With the Sears Tower as a backdrop and Frank singing 'My Kind of Town', he had to be in Illinois.

TBT.

if he is guilty and it's his first offence then it's unlikely he will go to jail. very few first time drink drivers go to jail it's usually when they do it 2 or 3 times.

I haven't read the paper but going from comments here I'm guessing he hasn't been charged or appeared in court so I'm surprised the papers have printed the story at this time. how did the papers find out?

If it's 3x the limit every chance there could be a custodial sentence.

there was a story of a lad 3x the limit a few weeks back and he didn't get the jail.

In today's Examiner 'Santa' (what an appropriate name this time of year) escaped jail.

Thanks for pointing out the seasonal irony; I, like many others I am sure, would have missed it.

if he is guilty and it's his first offence then it's unlikely he will go to jail. very few first time drink drivers go to jail it's usually when they do it 2 or 3 times.

I haven't read the paper but going from comments here I'm guessing he hasn't been charged or appeared in court so I'm surprised the papers have printed the story at this time. how did the papers find out?

If it's 3x the limit every chance there could be a custodial sentence.
there was a story of a lad 3x the limit a few weeks back and he didn't get the jail.
In today's Examiner 'Santa' (what an appropriate name this time of year) escaped jail.
Thanks for pointing out the seasonal irony; I, like many others I am sure, would have missed it.

post-1130-0-82574000-1450810366_thumb.jpeg

Archived