Being sacked for having cancer?

Rhumsaa

Hillshepherd, FFS man, how can you comment on her financial position? Thats a horrible thing to say (even if its true) & it's none of yours (or anybody else's) business.

Yeah, poor woman having her privacy invaded like that. She's gone out of her way not to draw public attention to her situation and in piles Hillshepherd like this...oh

Erm, did you read his post? It wasn't about her situation. It was about something he imagined about her.

Nah, not really. As a veteran of manxforums I just formed an immediate opinion based on a half-hearted glance at someone else's words and then posted. that's how it's done isn't it?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T? I do like tea, before I got sucked into MF I was about to make myself a cup of tea and work out which numbers were most likely to win the lottery this coming Saturday.

I've an idea... Wrighty, can you have a little look at the previous winning numbers, do some statistical things and then PM me your predictions for the draw on Saturday? I'll pay you if I win biggrin.png

Hey, we could make a Manx Forums syndicate, anyone?

Previous numbers have no impact on likely next numbers. If you want a statisticians response the answer is to pick unpopular numbers so that in the event you do win you don't share it with as many people.

Back off-topic.

What Helix says is absolutely correct. Whatever you do don't pick 1 2 3 4 5 6 as numbers - they're just as likely to be drawn as any other combination of 6 numbers, but there are about 10000 people each week who pick them apparently, so you'll end up winning a couple of hundred quid!

One more piece of advice - if you're going to buy a ticket buy it on Saturday afternoon, not Monday morning. In that way you're far less likely to die, by for example being struck by lightning, before the draw is made. You're still probably more likely to die however than you are to get all 6 numbers right.

Whatever you do don't pick 1 2 3 4 5 6 as numbers - they're just as likely to be drawn as any other combination of 6 numbers, but there are about 10000 people each week who pick them apparently, so you'll end up winning a couple of hundred quid!

I heard that too, but I've outsmarted them by picking 6 5 4 3 2 1.

Seriously though, you can't improve your chances of winning by studying the numbers, all you can do is maximise your return by picking a combination nobody else has.

Make sure you have numbers over 31 is my advice, a lot of people use dates as selections.

Now in the national rags with copies of correspondence and texts:

'I'm being sacked for having cancer': Woman dismissed on returning to work after treatment

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/6844953/Im-being-sacked-for-having-cancer-Woman-dismissed-on-returning-to-work-after-treatment.html#commentStart

Her husband is airing his views too:

"Since she voiced her grievances, Michelle's partner and dad-of-three John, 46, told how he has been "excluded from the department for the last two years".

John said: "There’s quite a lot of bullying and harassment within the department, the whole hospital really.
"I have to ask people outside the department to find out what’s happening in the department."

I was thinking about this on the way home.

We've spoken of her distress by it all but, on the assumption that there is more to this disciplinary situation than the headline suggests, is she actually increasing the stress and fear without justification of other people who get diagnosed in the future? making them think they will be sacked?

Archived