Hitherto unstated complications of Brexit

Barrie Stevens

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shock horror, Barrie reads the Daily Mail for his politics.

Barrie reads material from all over the world and listens to broadcast material from all over the world...I posted the Daily Mail link because it has been written by someone who was at least there...He was that soldier!

Why have you started ANOTHER thread?

I started another thread because I felt that the previous ones are getting sclerotic and Alistair Darling has presented some critical issues most clearly free of the "pike and pitch forks" peasants' revolt nature of the BREXITEERS utterances....

one of my family remarked this morning that EUSSR directives have added thousands of pounds to the running costs of his business and his competitors,he is looking forward to an EUSSR without it costing us/everybody an arm and a leg for their one size fits all overarching intrusions into all aspects of our lives,roll on the next DOMINO.

one of my family remarked this morning that EUSSR directives have added thousands of pounds to the running costs of his business and his competitors,he is looking forward to an EUSSR without it costing us/everybody an arm and a leg for their one size fits all overarching intrusions into all aspects of our lives,roll on the next DOMINO.

He is likely to be disappointed.

There are thousands of EU regulations which are currently law in the UK. It will take a whole new and expensive bureacracy years to evaluate them all and decide which to keep and which not to. We will then have to move forward creating new regulations which we pay for ourselves instead of sharing the cost amongst 28 other countries.

That cost being borne out of a diminished GDP as a result of inefficiencies caused by the loss of freedom of movement of capital and labour and the cost of tariffs and the hassle of exporting across borders. The resulting regulations being similar to those that will apply in the EU if we want our goods and services to be sold there. Added to which we have sent a message to the world that we are insular, backward looking and xenophobic whilst denying opportunities to our young.

Apart from that, all is well.

There are thousands of EU regulations which are currently law in the UK. It will take a whole new and expensive bureacracy years to evaluate them all and decide which to keep and which not to. We will then have to move forward creating new regulations which we pay for ourselves instead of sharing the cost amongst 28 other countries.

That cost being borne out of a diminished GDP as a result of inefficiencies caused by the loss of freedom of movement of capital and labour and the cost of tariffs and the hassle of exporting across borders. The resulting regulations being similar to those that will apply in the EU if we want our goods and services to be sold there. Added to which we have sent a message to the world that we are insular, backward looking and xenophobic whilst denying opportunities to our young.

I tell you one thing though. The poor and the disenfranchised have got their own back on the middle classes and the rich who have prospered under the EU and liberalized markets. They had nothing; now everyone is going to have nothing. How to destroy a whole economy for everyone because half the country had effectively disenfranchised you and didn't care.

So we've thrown off the shackles of a cosy, undemocratic club and decided to embrace the rest of the world and that is insular and backward looking? It may surprise you but the vast majority of the world are not in the EU and they seem to getting along just fine. We'll still be trading with all EU members like we did last week, they need our trade just as much as we need theirs, even more so actually.

wher do you live? BRUSSELS?

Shock horror, Barrie reads the Daily Mail for his politics.

Barrie reads material from all over the world and listens to broadcast material from all over the world...I posted the Daily Mail link because it has been written by someone who was at least there...He was that soldier!

Do you have time to eat, drink and poo Barrie?

Archived