Results night megathread

TheTeapot

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone voted for Monkey Boys mate "Nicky" Crowe?

Yeah I did, just to piss you off. I also wasted my second vote. :)

When are we expecting the first results? I don't really want to listen to Manx Radio for longer than necessary.

I was advised to check out the MR piece from earlier in the week when they had all the candidates in the studio, the intro from Moss was properly cringeworthy and the other fella called Nick 'Nigel' at one point - you can clearly tell their target audience!

Is ManxRadio still hosted on a server in the spare room? This is inexcusable in this day and age.

Taking much effort to upload pages, I think they've outsourced it to somewhere on a 56k dialup modem.

I don't understand why people are so interested and at the edge of their seats to find out who won. When all is said and done, the island is screwed no matter who becomes an MHK. We've already passed the point of no return. An MHK can't do much.

Best fuck off now then fella, no room for people like you anymore. :)

Tony Brown is a cunt.

Edit: Sorry I should of elaborated. He's being a right arse on Manx Radio.

Reminds me of a story where a past forum member, who has sadly died since, called a past chief minister a retarded Toilet Brush. This caused the particular ex CM to contact him to complain, but said poster stuck by his guns and told him to bugger off, which the Toilet Brush promptly did.

I really miss him.

In what way are we not screwed? Money is running out for IOM Govt and that's despite them robbing us blind with taxes.

Well....for starters because we had 'money' to start off with. Yes, reserves are depleted, however the fact we had them to fall back on is testament to our position.

Is change needed, yes of course it is. But economic indicators are positive, the dip in economically active is showing signs of leveling out and now increasing again. And we are where we are without some of the massive reductions in front line services like out neighbours (UK included).

So...everything rosy? Of course not. But screwed? No way.

There are other fiscal options available should things not improve as well. I'm concerned about the future, without a doubt, but not painting the doom and gloom scenario....

Reminds me of a story where a past forum member, who has sadly died since, called a past chief minister a retarded Toilet Brush. This caused the particular ex CM to contact him to complain, but said poster stuck by his guns and told him to bugger off, which the Toilet Brush promptly did.

I really miss him.

Ah! That explains why you let him call The Sick Moon a paedophile! Makes sense now!

Hey, ten years ago we were counting votes right now smile.png

Man, time flies. I'm glad I did it because it was a great experience, but I also somehow wish I hadn't, so Butch would have gotten enough votes to beat that cunt Malarkey. This has bothered me ever since.....But then you never know if it had really gone that way. Learned a lot in those few weeks. About how the island really works, and how bloody many neighbours I had! Maybe one day I'll try again, when I'm retired or something.

I really miss him.

Ah! That explains why you let him call The Sick Moon a paedophile! Makes sense now!

Not a clue what you're on about........as usual, really.

I really miss him.

Yeah, but you were never, ever good enough to lick Mike's boots.

Archived