Construction site opposite Spring Valley

llap

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So nothing to do with ocean Ford then.

Ocean Ford bought out EB's years ago. Don't try to wriggle out of you being totally wrong about everything with that comment. They bought E B Christians and finally relocated the EB sites on the Bridge at the Quay, and at the Airport garage, to the ex Barry Curran site at Braddan. The site on the Quay was sold to Dandara who built Quay West on there where they are still trying to sell a £2m penthouse overlooking the Tesco's carpark to some mug.

I have been back on the island 14 years now and I don't remember EB Christians being operational on the Quay in that time, so hardly an exodus more a creep.

It moved to the airport garage and then to Braddan.

Surely over 12 businesses in around 10-15 years is an exodus?

It's certainly operating costs in town that are forcing businesses out of Douglas.

The most hilarious being Douglas Corporation which seems to find that it's cheaper to run its operations from Braddan.

But it isn't, EBS closed long before I came back. So it is not 12 businesses in 10 years.

Do you not think that in many of the cases it is more to do with having premises that actually meet your business needs? Which of those businesses could have built new premises on their existing sites without having to relocate anyway?

But it isn't, EBS closed long before I came back. So it is not 12 businesses in 10 years.

Do you not think that in many of the cases it is more to do with having premises that actually meet your business needs?

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6846-eb-christian-site/?p=92427

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/garage-s-car-turntable-was-hand-operated-1-1763681

And the link refers to planning permission given to the redevelopment in 1987. I can't say when EBs closed, but I guessing it was in the 90s at the latest.

I used to like the EB garage, it reminded me of the toy garages that were popular in the 60s.

Anyway I thought EB's moved from the quay up to Circular Road/Westmoreland Road where that massive multi-storey car park is now.

That was the original Mylchreests site - I think that was a car park before EB's sold that business. It was all done around the early 2000's. Ocean moved to the old Mylchreest's Airport garage site not the Douglas site that is now a carpark.

And the link refers to planning permission given to the redevelopment in 1987. I can't say when EBs closed, but I guessing it was in the 90s at the latest.

I used to like the EB garage, it reminded me of the toy garages that were popular in the 60s.

Ocean Ford bought EB's out in early 2000's and operated the Ford dealership out of there until they moved to the old Mylchreests Airport premises. EB's building was then a marketing suite for Dandara til they levelled it to build Quay West. Ocean then moved back to the ex-Curran site at Braddan.

Archived