Construction site opposite Spring Valley

llap

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly, yes. You can screen off areas, open them up etc, etc. When you have an old building with lots of rooms designed for residential use you are pretty stumped as to flexibility. Power and data points can be installed in a way which allows any configuration, but in an old building you don't have that ability. Heating and air quality can be more easily managed, movement of staff is easier.

Have experience of both and working with a modern open plan office is much easier than trying to configure your business needs within an old building.

As I said above, most town centre premises are old, they don't even take data cabling easily, let alone accommodate large numbers of people in easily managed open plan environments. They are just not efficient for modern business needs.

Open plan offices aren't efficient for modern business needs and are detrimental to worker health and productivity.

I see in Onchan the former IOM bank building has a SOLD sign on it.

Who's bought it? Who wants to place bets on it being apartments, a coffee shop, a nail salon or a charity shop...

I'm betting apartments.

OR still standing empty in 5 years time. That seems to be in vogue for vacated buildings.

Loads of the offices in Central Douglas are empty or only partially occupied. Even in Athol Street, some buildings are occupied in the street frontage ground floor rooms but totally empty above and behind.

I see in Onchan the former IOM bank building has a SOLD sign on it.

Who's bought it? Who wants to place bets on it being apartments, a coffee shop, a nail salon or a charity shop...

I'm betting apartments.

Ground floor is going to be a Costa. First floor which is already an apartment will be fully refurbished and a luxury apartment created. Lower ground floor will be converted into service offices. Or that's what I think should happen.

Archived