Miss Isle of Man

Douglas Prom

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The IOM government could give a prize to the department that encourages equality in the workplace.

I understand there aren't many women in the fire service.

'cause most women are crap at snooker / pool ? ph34r.png

( and it is too costly to equip the tenders with vanity mirrors so the Firewomen can apply their "lippy" on the way to a callout )

The IOM government could give a prize to the department that encourages equality in the workplace.

.........hmmm, maybe there aren't many women who want to be firepersons, I understand that the equal opportunities are there.............there weren't any women miners down the pit with my grandad either..........equal opportunity is there, I don't understand the term, 'equality at work'. For example I had to wear a suit to work when the women could wear what they like, not much equality there.............

.........hmmm, maybe there aren't many women who want to be firepersons, I understand that the equal opportunities are there.............there weren't any women miners down the pit with my grandad either..........equal opportunity is there, I don't understand the term, 'equality at work'. For example I had to wear a suit to work when the women could wear what they like, not much equality there.............

Choice was yours

post-18002-0-52159600-1487450378_thumb.jpg

Choice was yours

attachicon.gifdoc. 2.JPG

..........as if.............that's just skirting round the issue..........lol

Is IOM government actively encouraging women to join the fire service or work for the MUA (except as 'girls in the office'.

I remember that we tried hard to recruit girls into the motor trade in sales and repairs, apart from a couple of decent service receptionists there were no takers for the workshop and only one in sales who, although encouraged, seemed to struggle with the basics.

I believe that there are exceptions but men and women each generally suit certain types of work? .

Is IOM government actively encouraging women to join the fire service or work for the MUA (except as 'girls in the office'.

.............so you actually believe in positive discrimination?..............I'm not judging, but, if you do just say so, even if it isn't equality............

Archived