Miss Isle of Man

Douglas Prom

Article I read mentioned the competitions new format? I am pretty sure there won't be a swimsuit round, or a banana eating competition so until we know what the new format entails isn't it a bit early for people to be getting their granny pants in a twist?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we could develop this further and turn the competition from 'Miss Isle of Man' to 'Miss-isle of Mann' - a weapons fair at the Villa Marina with all of the world's biggest manufacturers attending?

They always attract those pesky lefty demonstrators at their events so they would either have a peaceful event for a change (as the IOM population never demonstrate) or the protesters will help boost our failing tourist industry!

She looks a bit of a minger and got about 6 votes in the general election. No wonder she has an apparent issue with attractive women receiving votes from a captive audience.

Yup...definitely a two-bagger.

Don't be so sexist

maxresdefault.jpg

Thought the one on the left was OK looking.

She looks a bit of a minger and got about 6 votes in the general election. No wonder she has an apparent issue with attractive women receiving votes from a captive audience.

Yup...definitely a two-bagger.

Don't be so sexist

maxresdefault.jpg

Thought the one on the left was OK looking.

Miss midget muslim 2017? Wheres my tissues........

Apart from Karen Angela getting indignant on 3FM, is there any evidence that this ridiculous event is actually taking place? I can't find anything in the usual sources or a DED press release or whatever.

Of course DED is so lacking in innovation and new ideas that reviving an event so outdated that even hipsters wouldn't bother to drag from the grave is probably about the best they could come up with. But still it's hardly the best way to convince people that the Isle of Man is anything more than the sort of place that your Granny once went on holiday to before she passed away.

Apart from Karen Angela getting indignant on 3FM, is there any evidence that this ridiculous event is actually taking place? I can't find anything in the usual sources or a DED press release or whatever.

Of course DED is so lacking in innovation and new ideas that reviving an event so outdated that even hipsters wouldn't bother to drag from the grave is probably about the best they could come up with. But still it's hardly the best way to convince people that the Isle of Man is anything more than the sort of place that your Granny once went on holiday to before she passed away.

I thought you had to be of a reasonable intelligence to work within DED. Obviously this isn't the case. I think they are stuck in the past in terms of ideas, as if it's 1987, rather than 2017. This idea must have been floated or proposed, and Douglas Corporation were involved in its operations.

Archived