Razorlight Villa Marina 9th June

Declan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said they let him down.

So both the Manics and QOTSA agreed to play here and then pulled out? Interesting.

No, my original post didn't say we were let down by any related parties.

I said, the DED team have work hard this year to secure top acts but we were unable to get certain things done.

So both the Manics and QOTSA agreed to play here and then pulled out? Interesting.

I said, the DED team have work hard this year to secure top acts but we were unable to get certain things done.

I deleted the original message because I get beaten up if I post a message and beaten up if I say nothing.........

Bull. You said you were let down by Texas, QOTSA and Manics.

I deleted the original message because I get beaten up if I post a message and beaten up if I say nothing.........

So you did both just to make sure you get beaten up then? Good work fella.

He's edited that now as well...

The Prodigy would be amazing, I have seen them many times & they put on a great show. They're a bit old now though smile.png

Considering Keith Flint has a motorcycle team entered during TT fortnight and having won a race, you would have thought DED/Villa or whoever would have tried to persuade him to bring the band over to perform. Is there nobody bright enough or capable enough, without having to brown-nose themselves and creeping, fawning and generally making a complete tit. He may even provide some signed posters.

not the villa, they would blow the bloody doors off...

He's edited that now as well...

I think it's "unfortunate" to delete posts even when proved to be wrong (as I know only too well ... lol).

I may be a bit old fashioned but I think it preferable to acknowledge your error and let the post stand ...... after all Rob " what can't speak can't lie" and without being able to se your original post I am unable to see if I'm wrong in remembering you saying that bands had "let you down" .

Just sayingflowers.gif

I'd gladly pay and go to see Queens of the Stone Age and the Manic Street Preachers. Saw the Charlatans/Blossoms at the Villa last year, which was a good show. People will pay to see quality acts, sadly some of the bands are second rate low rent

Indie acts well past their prime.

Strange post. I don't like Razorlight but their prime was a lot more recent than QOSTA or the Manics.

Razorlight had a prime? One song doesn't qualify.

I have a feeling being 'let down' and 'other committments' all boils down to leaving things too late to book.

Isn't this the sort of thing Vision9 were supposed to be dealing with?

Yes. Vision On were going to do all the promotion, delivery of the event and provide the TT entertainment- be it bands and funfair. Personally I don't think DEDs heart ❤️ is in it, hence the bottom of the pier entertainment. I don't expect miracles but I do believe they could do better or set their standards higher. No Red Arrows? Says it all really.

Archived