MLC nominations open

notwell

Geoff Corkish...one good reason to introduce Unelections.

Can't stand the man. Parasite.

Sadly whilst you and others may not like him and at times, I don't always have a charitable word to say, there are many people who love ❤️ him. There are probably some in here who think he is the answer to the islands problems. Like people love Gawne, whom I havent got a nice word to say about. It is worth noting that in some cases in the U.K. if you sit as a board member, some organisations require everybody to undergo a CRB/DBS check as matter of routine. I'm sure some of our politico type may not like this!

That is simply not true.

I don't think i've ever seen a positve comment about Corkish on here.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact Manx Radio would publish this guy's ignorant opinion is a good indicator they publish a load of bollocks.

Manx Radio are the official mouthpiece of IOM Government and will always protect its own, hence the attack on this site. But at the same time they will publish any load of total bollocks and bullshit.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=32923&headline=Lawyer%20is%20nominated%20for%20LegCo&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2017

Well this is the last thing we need. A lawyer?!?!??!

Bill Malarkey - showing again what a shambles he is. Raising the point that an open voting system might create awkward situations between potential mlcs and mhks. Words fail me.

Oh no they don't - Spineless twat.

Of course, the best way to have different voices is for more people to phone in, but I think (sadly) texting is by far the favoured option these days.

It should just be switched off. Talkback radio serves absolutely no useful purpose. On the IOM it's the same audience and guests as Vader's daft Facebook page.

And the govt wants suggestions as to how it can save money.

I'm getting mightily sick of ignorant car drivers stopping on bus stops. Completely ignorant. Stop it. What is the penalty for doing this when a bus is trying to stop and can I photograph their licence plate and email it to a policeman to have the culprit charged and fined? Also, should a cyclist have to maintain a minimal speed while cycling past a bus stop (and blocking a bus from entering it) before being guilty of "stopping"? Some of them seem to slow down to 1 mm per hour as soon as they approach a bus stop and know a bus is behind them and someone eg me is attempting to board it.

Which thread?

So many over so many years.

Archived