MLC nominations open

notwell

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone seems to think that it'll be Gawne. I don't see that myself, in office he was critical of the post and it's unelected nature. Also whilst it is a pity he wasn't re-elected, the keys can't override the electorate. There'd be uproar.

I guess it will be Bell.

What about Quirk getting a nomination from the old boys club?

The Gawne puppets will be out in force on here no doubt....................

I wouldn't have any huge issue with Bell to be fair. He's got a shed load of experience and could actually add something. Shame they can't get rid of a few (or all of them in an ideal world).

Rather Mr Gawne than Mr Bell anyday

Anyway, we - those of us who think LegCo as it presently exists is just a waste of public money - need a 'suicide squad' leader in there & Mr Gawne would fit the bill admirably

He narrowly missed being re-elected into a new constituency by 19 votes only

I would just like to repeat that post as it gives me pleasure.

Yes he was a failed democratic election candidate, just like all the other failed ones. It doesn't matter if you fail by 19 votes or fail by 1900 votes. You FAILED to appeal to the voting public. If you FAILED to get a public mandate you should FAIL that get elected by people who have had a public mandate.

Someone else has said it here I think already but this is just looking like a load of establishment gloss to shoe Gawne into a nice comfy £50k establishment role as he hasn't really got another job since being booted out by his constituency.

Rather Mr Gawne than Mr Bell anyday

Anyway, we - those of us who think LegCo as it presently exists is just a waste of public money - need a 'suicide squad' leader in there & Mr Gawne would fit the bill admirably

Really?

Why, what is he going to do (other than take £45k a year and doing very little)?

Aren't sitting MHKs not able to be nominated? Or is that some future recommendation.

And as for someone suggesting Bill Malarkey, then whoever ever proposes and seconds him is going to look a right numpty dumpty. Like all his voters in Douglas South do now.

Archived