Standards in public life

Boo Gay'n

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it's people trying to be offended when there's nothing to be offended about. If it was a man's arse what would be the difference. Actually don't answer that, it's a non topic.

Rather than branding her misogynist, why not focus on the fact her department is spunking millions against a wall constantly... 

4 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Interesting that nobody wanted to talk about this http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/health-minister-branded-mysoginystic-after-facebook-post/.

I think she was wrong.

The biker had a nice arse. I know that you probably dont appreciate a nice woman's arse. But plenty of men and women do. There's nothing to be sacred of. They don't bite. It was actually quite funny. For those who possess a sense of humour. 

6 minutes ago, hboy said:

The biker had a nice arse. I know that you probably dont appreciate a nice woman's arse. But plenty of men and women do. There's nothing to be sacred of. They don't bite. It was actually quite funny. For those who possess a sense of humour. 

The concern is that she is the Minister and should have a bit more decorum. Posting stuff like that is not for "high ranking" Public Servants.

She should get on with what she is paid for.

But, yes, it is a nice ass.

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Is she trying to emulate a certain wannabe MHK currently under investigation for harassment by any chance?

You did well with your spelling there. Considering how drunk you probably are. Well done.

55 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Interesting that nobody wanted to talk about this http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/health-minister-branded-mysoginystic-after-facebook-post/.

I think she was wrong.

Let's be honest about this, you are correct and it is wrong and she is wrong. However let's face facts we are dealing with St Kate, 'She who can't do anything wrong'. If any other MHK or MLC had posted that video, I'm sure she or one of her side/drop kicks would have created holy hell, demanding all sorts. It's one rule for Kate and sod anyone else. As the title thread talks about standards in public life, it's the IOM where you can ........... standards/conflict of interest don't really apply, unless it's the mouthy St Kate.

Perhaps, as Health Minister whose Department is tasked with sorting out the aftermath of such things, she might also have commented on the fallout of such practice of not wearing relevant protective kit....? Just a thought...?

I didn't find it offensive, just not very funny.

Of more concern is that she posted something on FB without realising it would be open to public view and that it would be held up to public scrutiny.  A lack of self-reflection and ability to 'see ourselves as others see us'.  Also, a lack of internet savvy. So, a bit of an own goal there, Kate.

Just because you find it wrong or offensive doesn't make it so. People whinge and moan that mhks are removed from public opinion and don't interact with the public then when they do they get grief. You didn't like it? So what? Get over it and move on with life. 

It seems a day can't pass without someone being outraged by some minor matter. Maybe if more people laughed the world would be a better place

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I didn't find it offensive, just not very funny.

Of more concern is that she posted something on FB without realising it would be open to public view and that it would be held up to public scrutiny.  A lack of self-reflection and ability to 'see ourselves as others see us'.  Also, a lack of internet savvy. So, a bit of an own goal there, Kate.

was she on the same handling the media course as rob callister?

50 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Can anyone explain to me why this photo and message is mysoginystic, because I'm buggered if I know. Sounds like offence signalling to me.

On the face of it it's a bit of fun and in reality inoffensive. However, if any other MHK or MLC or person in authority posted a video like it, I'm sure St Kate would have blown her gasket, screamed, ranted and demanded resignation. Her two sidekicks would have piped up in unison. One rule for one and sod the rest.

There's too much offence seeking behaviour these days. I've even heard of someone going round trying to find someone who might be offended by an email, even though they personally weren't but didn't like the person who sent it. 

Kate Beecroft should be judged on her performance in government, not by what she puts on FB (as long as it's not illegal, and not being used otherwise for announcing government policy)

Archived