Rob callister mhk

Nomadic Raptor

16 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

People moan that mhks don't interact with the voters or keep secrets from them. An mhk gives a detailed review of what he does and people moan. 

Only half wits like hboy and his gang. Gives the buffoon something else to vent his spleen on

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I have heard nothing from some of this new bunch, which is shameful and annoying.

This has to be the worst ever gang of 24.

The two most accurate and succinct political analyses on MF so far since the 2016 election.

14 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Lol. 

You can "lol" and "wow" all you want, but all you are doing is shouting from the cheap seats.

Rob Callister and (just) a few others are doing their best to improve thing for us.

Why not try it yourself ? Maybe if all your aliases got together they would make up a considerably large political party ?

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You can "lol" and "wow" all you want, but all you are doing is shouting from the cheap seats.

Rob Callister and (just) a few others are doing their best to improve thing for us.

Why not try it yourself ? Maybe if all your aliases got together they would make up a considerably large political party ?

Don't be silly Dilli, far easier for them to whine on here safe in the knowledge they remain faceless. At least Rob isn't hiding

I disagree Neil. He is hiding. Hiding on the back benches and avoiding a tough job. I'm no Beecroft fan but one of her first decisions was on funding treatment for a sick child. Those kind of decisions are only made by people who step up to the plate.

Heading off on CPA jollies and media training courses are easy by comparison.

The cow that lows the most doesn't always produce the most milk.

2 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I'm no Beecroft fan but one of her first decisions was on funding treatment for a sick child. Those kind of decisions are only made by people who step up to the plate.

She caved in after a lot of public pressure and it wasn't her money she was putting on the plate. Hardly a difficult decision.

15 minutes ago, Aristotle said:
18 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I'm no Beecroft fan but one of her first decisions was on funding treatment for a sick child. Those kind of decisions are only made by people who step up to the plate.

She caved in after a lot of public pressure and it wasn't her money she was putting on the plate. Hardly a difficult decision.

She overturned the previous Minister's decision, because she could and for a show of power. Nothing else.

You say it was her first decision, I say it was her fist big mistake !  Oh and "the plate" you mention is a "trough"

42 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I disagree Neil. He is hiding. Hiding on the back benches and avoiding a tough job. I'm no Beecroft fan but one of her first decisions was on funding treatment for a sick child. Those kind of decisions are only made by people who step up to the plate.

Heading off on CPA jollies and media training courses are easy by comparison.

Yes - and that decision was made on the firm understanding that saving would be made in other areas 

I havent seen details of any savings todate or any savings since the Supplementally Vote in January and that should be a concern for all Manx taxpayers.  

2 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

Yes - and that decision was made on the firm understanding that saving would be made in other areas 

I havent seen details of any savings todate or any savings since the Supplementally Vote in January and that should be a concern for all Manx taxpayers.  

How much money were you expecting her to save in just 6 months when presumably budgets have already been set for 2017/18 and they can't just withdraw treatment for all people who are currently receiving it? Also isnt it really Malcolm Couch who is running things day to day in terms of budgets and finances not Kate Beecroft? You do appear to have an issue with Beecroft that is nothing to do with this at all.

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

There was pages and pages of lowing just in this weeks Blog alone. He clearly has so much time on his hands that he can write all that stuff up and then fill the rest of the days with his university studying, his CPA trips (and writing up his detailed CPA travel Blog and picture posting), some self publicity on Manx Radio, and finally his apparent petty media vendettas against people who have probably seen right through it all. Probably spends Sunday's grinding axes in the garage. 

32 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

oh dear,  'savings' on the IOM actually means an increase in money coming in, not a decrease in money going out,  where have you been????

24 minutes ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

How much money were you expecting her to save in just 6 months when presumably budgets have already been set for 2017/18 and they can't just withdraw treatment for all people who are currently receiving it? Also isnt it really Malcolm Couch who is running things day to day in terms of budgets and finances not Kate Beecroft? You do appear to have an issue with Beecroft that is nothing to do with this at all.

I don't have an issue with Kate....

Kate's role over the last five years was to hold government and ministers to account, that is now for the new backbench MHKs to do.

I don't expect Kate to draft a cheque for £10 million back to the Treasury, but I do expect the Department to provide details on our vision and direction to address the financial concerns within the department. 

Archived