MER tram goes hurtling down the mountain, AGAIN

Tarne

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that the tram and its technology hail from the Victorian era I suppose that its design speed on both ascent and descent would be best described as "genteel"?

Therefore anything beyond that speed is going to be very obvious in both perception to the passengers and the way the tram handles and behaves. So if it "ran away" it would be more than obvious to those on board that it was doing so. Without the obvious sight of two men apparently desperately swinging on the brake operating wheel to try and slow it down as well.

I'd say it's come very close to a major incident and needs thoroughly investigating?

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I'd say it's come very close to a major incident and needs thoroughly investigating?

I'd say you're absolutely spot on. And independent inspectors should carry out any investigation.  

12 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Sounds like the passengers were in Dire Straits 

And the big wheel keep on turning neon burning up above
And I'm just high on the world
Come on and take a low ride with me girl

9 minutes ago, quilp said:

Are all Snaefell services suspended till further notice now? Will all the trams be getting the once-over to re-assure users? 

Why should they? These occurrences really aren't out of the ordinary on Snaefell.

Yours sincerley,
Ian Longworth

DAVID ANDERSON MLC stand in Minister, on Manx Radio:

"blah, blah blah,...and see if there are lessons can be learned"

Mr Anderson you are the biggest cretin of all cretins. You were the same when you were Health Minister you are the same now.

Mealy mouthed cretin.

The second biggest example of why the Legislative Council needs to be dumped.

Archived