Glen Truan Holiday Development

Max Power

On a small island we are bound to have objectors to almost anything, the problem we have is that we have politicians who are only looking towards the next election. We also have a planning committee with no vision (re- recent refusals of unusual building which could have been a tourism attraction and the butchering of the heritage railway stations).

Notinmybackyard  

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is to the advantage of the ailing tourist industry then piddly busy bodies should be excluded from objecting. It's a pity the objectors weren't vociferous enough when Tinkerbell got the green light to the Mount Murray holiday homes...

glen wyllin will likely get the permission it seeks for pods,  as did glenlough,  but want a few on a bankrupt golfcourse in port erin?   no no no.   no doubt money boy will get his way in the end when he's pushed enough money through the planning offices.

It's not often I nod to every post in a thread but this one is right on the nail so far :)  Port Erin is a great place and they should've allowed the pods on the Golf course, for heaven's sake there's no hotels left on the prom. This Glen Truan thing seems a bit like the Mount Murray all over, except Mr Whatsisname is a holiday park person not a shop keeper. I am surprised there are not more covenants on things like this, I mean look at that place in Castletown totally built for flat conversion, have they learned nothing from Mount Murray?

1 hour ago, WTF said:

glen wyllin will likely get the permission it seeks for pods,  as did glenlough,  but want a few on a bankrupt golfcourse in port erin?   no no no.   no doubt money boy will get his way in the end when he's pushed enough money through the planning offices.

pods are a bit different to houses mobile log cabins that you can live in for 12 months of the year for "holiday use"

the gov. should set up support a company making pods rather than importing them, ideal accommodation for the many events now taking place.....

seems strange that the cook place over the next hedge from the golf course is objecting rather than welcoming it with open arms as an untapped source of new business with a steady stream of new people right on the doorstep ripe for recruiting into cookery classes

seems like an entrepreneur failure

Just had a leaflet through the door about this shit. I'm no genius ( on this subject) but i'd say it came from those against it. Quite glossy, Must have cost a few quid to print them all. 'Bout 8 points, all negative, house price drop, damage to the ayres, light pollution - though that no longer really a concern since they built a prison 3 miles away with windows on the roof. Quite surprised to learn that buildings like these are exempt rates? Anyway meeting sometime methodist hall in bride, sha'n't be going will keep the forums updated.. northern correspondent.

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Just had a leaflet through the door about this shit. I'm no genius ( on this subject) but i'd say it came from those against it. Quite glossy, Must have cost a few quid to print them all. 'Bout 8 points, all negative, house price drop, damage to the ayres, light pollution, though that no longer really a concern since they built a prison 3 miles away with windows on the roof. Quite surprised to learn that buildings like these are exempt rates? Anyway meeting sometime methodist hall in bride, sha'n't be going will keep the forums updated northern correspondent.

Did it say "have a nice now, you all" at any point ?

Archived