Glen Truan Holiday Development

Max Power

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

He's doing it for bride tea rooms. He doesn't need the money. Absolute crock of shit. After watching that i'm out. 

Well you are not alone 'Stinky' , I may be an old cynic but when a developer claims not to need the money and his only aim is to provide employment for locals and an income for the Manx Government so we will all benefit the band begins to play "believe it if you like " .

If he claims he won't be benefitting financially then I would hesitate to believe him .

Interesting that he claims that they can only be occupied for 11 months so will "not be lived in" .

9 minutes ago, paswt said:

Interesting that he claims that they can only be occupied for 11 months so will "not be lived in" .

That is the usual thing with this type of development. They are not permanent and those taking up the lodges must prove that they have a permanent home elsewhere. 

23 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They should have seen that coming when the homes being built were nothing like holiday cottages or whatever.  

Mr Bell had at least partly greased those particular wheels beforehand....

15 hours ago, paswt said:

Well you are not alone 'Stinky' , I may be an old cynic but when a developer claims not to need the money and his only aim is to provide employment for locals and an income for the Manx Government so we will all benefit the band begins to play "believe it if you like " .

If he claims he won't be benefitting financially then I would hesitate to believe him .

Unless my ears deceived me, I'm sure he told Paul Moulton that he would be applying for government funding.

110% this will end up being a retirement village, with permanent residents.

There's nothing wrong with semi-trailer retirement villages, the UK's full of them and are generally well received and run. Actually, it's probably needed in IOM to allow some folks to downsize to something that's halfway affordable, especially if the company developing the site buys your house in exchange and sets a reasonable site rent. But it does need some regulation to ensure folk don't get ripped off.

The issue I have with this proposed development is that what starts out being a touristy claim on taxpayer funds ends up being a full-blown commercial development.

15 hours ago, Max Power said:

They should have seen that coming when the homes being built were nothing like holiday cottages or whatever.  

they did they did,it was a con played out beautifully by gubay and his "advisors",the I-o-m government of the day was complicit in this jiggery pokery from day one.

LESSONS HAVE BEEN LEARNT,NOT.

Listened to Tim Baker on the radio this morning and then read his Facebook post below.

"At times the multiple roles we play as MHK's causes complications! The most important aspect is representing our constituents, so yesterday I formally recused myself from my Planning Committee role in respect of the proposed Glen Truan development in Bride. This will prevent conflicts of interest arising and help ensure transparency around whatever decisions are made on this application.

Would really encourage everyone to engage with the planning process and ensure your views are heard to ensure that the right decision is made for the Island"

Looks to me as if he's got his ar$e firmly on the fence and hoping to avoid having to settle on way or the other, he's clearly terrified of loosing his seat over the development proposals. 

As a businessman he will see all to clearly the economic opportunities this development presents, then again his constituents won't like it, I'd hoped that he'd have the integrity to stand up and be counted for what he believes is right, it looks more as if he's already got his eye on protecting his seat in the next election.

Archived