New Rules

ans

Well that made for interesting reading, I've used the forum for many years, seen many an interesting discussion but a lot of good posters have left over the years and all because one or two people flooded the forum with nonsense, which in turn lead to verbal abuse which just escalated out of control really.

If it comes to pulling the plug I would make the forum subscription only with posters either using their real name or providing their name/address if they wish to use an alias, that is of course if its worth the effort. I've got another account on here but can't remember my log on after I left for a 2 year period, but the amount of names I no longer see posting is concerning in itself, this was once a hive of information before it all went down hill, I never browse local news sites so I gain my info from here generally.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

These Forums are nothing as compared to BC Forums of BowlandCentral.com.   There are some Members of that Forums that go were more Over the Top than anything I have seen here.

3X3

Druid, I have deleted your multiple posts ☺

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Druid, your ramblings are part of the problem, as far as I'm concerned.

I feel that comment was unnecessary, adds nothing to the thread and only helps derail the thread which is part and parcel of the problem with the forum. Druid whilst he does 'ramble on' is fairly harmless, you can ignore his threads/posts and they disappear as quickly as they're made. I've never seen him attack anyone or even so much as disagree despite receiving some negative comments on his 3 legs breakfast thread for example.

I'm sure you have your reasons for posting what you have, but on a thread about personal attacks, it does seem a little personal?

Ans and John have alluded to part of the problem with personal stuff going on with the mods.  But, the bigger problem is the lack of a great many posters to self-moderate.  Would they say some of the things they do to a person face to face?  Does anyone read what they have typed before they hit the button?

There used to be interesting debate, funny quips and a feeling of community, if you can have such a thing on an anonymous forum.  People used to be happy to help others with advice or even offering to turn up to help with a particular practical problem.  That is sadly lacking.  It would be great if that could be re-kindled.  

2 hours ago, finlo said:

It seems the shills are winning.

That is simply not the case, and your comment on the Juan thread that there has been an inequality of treatment of Juan and Rob is just the usual accusation that the mods are politically motivated - another aspect that is hacking the mods right off.  The Rob thread was full of crap,  and the Juan thread had been way down until very recently. The Juan thread has now been locked.

51 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Druid, your ramblings are part of the problem, as far as I'm concerned.

If rambling was part of the problem then poor old Barrie would be in for a torrid time...;)

Most of what used to be on the Manx Forums moved to Facebook. Especially the more sewing circle and community kind of stuff. And Facebook went mainstream about the same time that the iPhone came along. Then it was also all about sharing photos etc too. It’s inevitable that the few remaining old fashioned forums have ever fewer active members.

3 hours ago, ans said:

Oh I'm sure there would be a few figurative champagne corks popped by a number of people, but quite honestly, we're so sick and tired of it I don't think anyone cares. 

Then do it. It's a shame but if it gets you down then close MF and put up a Bye-Bye page.

Life's too short as it is.

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

That is simply not the case, and your comment on the Juan thread that there has been an inequality of treatment of Juan and Rob is just the usual accusation that the mods are politically motivated - another aspect that is hacking the mods right off.  The Rob thread was full of crap,  and the Juan thread had been way down until very recently. The Juan thread has now been locked.

apologies, would you mind removing two of mine :(

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:
7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There used to be interesting debate, funny quips and a feeling of community, if you can have such a thing on an anonymous forum.  People used to be happy to help others with advice or even offering to turn up to help with a particular practical problem.  That is sadly lacking.  It would be great if that could be re-kindled.  

I remember it well, I left for about two years and couldn't remember my log on, hence my current one, it isn't what it used to be that's for sure but then people got away with a lot more. But it did self regulate to an extent.

Archived