Moorehouse Strikes Again

Manx Bean

On 2/18/2018 at 6:08 PM, hissingsid said:

Must say I disagree regarding Caine, she went for a review of Manx Radio, got it and then expressed disappointment that she was not on the committee, her husband and brother in law both work there so naivety or what ? and it is her that is persecuting the goats !!!!!

I rarely comment, but persecuting the goats, that really gets mine.. Kill a few innocent animals to earn some brownie points?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, asitis said:

I find between Moorhouse and Cregeen the village are two staff short at all times !!

Our brothers and sisters in the south certainly know how to pick ‘em.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe those complaining about their MHK’s should consider standing next time around. If you are under 50 then why not give it a go. The best that could happen is the current bunch of nuggets don’t get back in

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Maybe those complaining about their MHK’s should consider standing next time around. If you are under 50 then why not give it a go. The best that could happen is the current bunch of nuggets don’t get back in

Go on neal! I reckon you should be mayor of onchan, just as Ashford got his mum to be mayoress you could get your carer dave. onchan needs you, like you need dave!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, Roger Mexico said:

As stated above, the obvious answer to Moorhouse's question What protection a homeowner has to ensure that a delivery person does not enter a home without their prior knowledge and consent?, "Well they could start by locking the door".

Is this possibly the most stupid question EVER to be asked in Keys?

OK, it's for written answer, but please, please, please Minister for Home Affairs (Mr Malarky) write "Homeowners are fully within their rights to lock their front doors to protect their homes against unwanted delivery persons"

and the follow up question: If a person enters a home without prior knowledge and consent, whether it is acceptable to remove that person; and how this should be done? 

"If a person enters your home without your prior knowledge and consent then it is acceptable for your to ask them politely to leave. This should be done by asking the question " Please can you get out of my house?" 

If the person does not leave, then you can punch them in the face, knock them out, then drag them out of your front door. Or tickle them until they give up. Or ask them to play rock, paper, scissors. if you win (best of three), then they have to leave. Otherwise, they can stay and you have to make them a nice cup of tea whilst they burgle you.

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 1

Even though it won’t happen, I’m enjoying closing my eyes and imagining that at the next Keys sitting Watterson intones “Question 1” and Robertshaw stands up and says “Mr. Speaker, can anyone in this House explain how an apparently brain dead sloth with a seagull fixation occupies  one of the benches allocated to Castletown, Malew and Santon”. There’s then a long silence before Watterson says “....errrr....which one of them?”

• Haha 2

On 12/16/2018 at 1:34 PM, Roger Mexico said:

What protection a homeowner has to ensure that a delivery person does not enter a home without their prior knowledge and consent?,

It's a fair question. Are they breaking the law by entering your home uninvited and without good reason?

There was a guy delivering leaflets (pizza or whatever) around our area. He didn't just put the leaflet through the letter box, if the front door was open he put the leaflet in the porch, and if the inside door was open he put the leaflet in the hallway. It is a bit disconcerting to be confronted in your home by a scruffy youth with the excuse he is just delivering leaflets.

7 minutes ago, gettafa said:

It's a fair question. Are they breaking the law by entering your home uninvited and without good reason?

There was a guy delivering leaflets (pizza or whatever) around our area. He didn't just put the leaflet through the letter box, if the front door was open he put the leaflet in the porch, and if the inside door was open he put the leaflet in the hallway. It is a bit disconcerting to be confronted in your home by a scruffy youth with the excuse he is just delivering leaflets.

If you don't want delivery people entering your house uninvited, shut the bloody door!!

People have an implied right of access to the door of your property (postmen, courier, leafleters, politicians canvassing, joeys etc), but to actually enter the boundary of your home without invitation, no. That's trespass in my book. (although my book may not actually reflect the correct legal position!)

This should be made clear to the leaflet distributor, by whomever has employed him/her.