Plans for lord street

Blaine

52 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's the ladies with multiple names: Poole-Wilson,  August-Hanson (ex Humbles), Lord-Brennan and Maska (ex Hendy).  But their terms don't lapse until the end of February 2023, so after the 2021 General Election.  Henderson was re-elected in March.

That’s not quite correct. The President comes to the end of his term on 15 June 2021.

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

True, but I'm sure there are still loads of tropical beaches that need their democracy monitored.

He will only be 67. Will he stand again? He’ll have his pharmacist SIPP, state pension and Tynwald Pension. He’ll have done 25 years.

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He will only be 67. Will he stand again? He’ll have his pharmacist SIPP, state pension and Tynwald Pension. He’ll have done 25 years.

But it's not all about money JW, he said so himself....... "I always say public service is its own reward"  :whistling: Yeah right.  

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

True, but I'm sure there are still loads of tropical beaches that need their democracy monitored.

Aye, what with all this COVID shite about he'll have been getting itchy feet for a while and worrying whether there's enough time to use up his Avios points.

15 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Aye, what with all this COVID shite about he'll have been getting itchy feet for a while and worrying whether there's enough time to use up his Avios points.

I bet he's utterly pissed off that most of the world's airlines have been parked up this last 4 months. Only non-tropical local matters to attend to and things to be done via video at best.

• 1 year later...

How much did they pay for the land? Doesn't mention a cost in the handover article. I might be wrong, but I kind of thought there was some obligation to hand it back if they changed their plans or didn't get on with it promptly. Quite clever really, collecting cash for saying you want to build something on a public pay&display town centre car park, closing the car park, trying to turn it into a contract car park before licensing it back to the people who owned it in the first place and taking a 20% cut for doing absolutely nothing. 

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

How much did they pay for the land? Doesn't mention a cost in the handover article. I might be wrong, but I kind of thought there was some obligation to hand it back if they changed their plans or didn't get on with it promptly. Quite clever really, collecting cash for saying you want to build something on a public pay&display town centre car park, closing the car park, trying to turn it into a contract car park before licensing it back to the people who owned it in the first place and taking a 20% cut for doing absolutely nothing. 

I suspect having "chums" in the right quarters of IOMG helps.

44 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I suspect having "chums" in the right quarters of IOMG helps.

As Teapot's link says: Kane Limited is an island-based property development company established by Stephen Bradley MBE.  Who may be related to the Stephen Bradley MBE [took] on the role of non-executive Chair for Business Isle of Man in May 2018 (and still holds that post).  A long term supporter of the Chamber of Commerce apparently.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As Teapot's link says: Kane Limited is an island-based property development company established by Stephen Bradley MBE.  Who may be related to the Stephen Bradley MBE [took] on the role of non-executive Chair for Business Isle of Man in May 2018 (and still holds that post).  A long term supporter of the Chamber of Commerce apparently.

As I said.... "Chums" in the right places!

• Like 3