Bands that have played in the Isle of Man

gettafa

Mansun in Toffs, Feb 97, album launch for Attack of the Grey Lantern. Superb stuff.

There have been loads of bands over here, SFA, Bluetones, Reef, Cast, Blossoms, Quill, Fairport Convention, Dodgy (Summerland and Colby, 20 yrs apart), Shed 7, inspirals, loads and loads, I've probably completely forgotten some gigs I've been at!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Mansun in Toffs, Feb 97, album launch for Attack of the Grey Lantern. Superb stuff.

There have been loads of bands over here, SFA, Bluetones, Reef, Cast, Blossoms, Quill, Fairport Convention, Dodgy (Summerland and Colby, 20 yrs apart), Shed 7, inspirals, loads and loads, I've probably completely forgotten some gigs I've been at!

I was reading through the thread and about to get angry that no one had mentioned Isle of Mansun!  What an amazing night that was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hazel O'Connor, Toyah Wilcox, Generation X, Argent, The Mutants, Suzi Quattro, Kenny (who remembers 'The Bump'?), The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Shakin' fuckin Stevens. Chicory Tip, Edison Lighthouse, Mud, Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe (Rockpile?), Golden Earring, The Foundations...  

The bleedin' list is endless! As is the list of local support bands. Black Mass, Nasty Piece of Work, Exile, Gasp, threeze-up (lol), Juice, Gerry and the Facebreakers (sic), Roadhouse, Nightshift, and others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, quilp said:

Hazel O'Connor, Toyah Wilcox, Generation X, Argent, The Mutants, Suzi Quattro, Kenny (who remembers 'The Bump'?), The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Shakin' fuckin Stevens. Chicory Tip, Edison Lighthouse, Mud, Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe (Rockpile?), Golden Earring, The Foundations...  

The bleedin' list is endless! As is the list of local support bands. Black Mass, Nasty Piece of Work, Exile, Gasp, threeze-up (lol), Juice, Gerry and the Facebreakers (sic), Roadhouse, Nightshift, and others. 

Didn't the yank band Exile (Of i want to kiss you all over fame ) force them to change their name?

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

I seem to remember some/all of Nazareth living in Castletown, late 70s ?

Not sure about all of Nazareth living in Castletown but I remember that nice couple...bloke was a carpenter, went everywhere on a donkey, had a son as I recall...whatever happened to them?