Bands that have played in the Isle of Man

gettafa

10 hours ago, quilp said:

Hazel O'Connor, Toyah Wilcox, Generation X, Argent, The Mutants, Suzi Quattro, Kenny (who remembers 'The Bump'?), The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Shakin' fuckin Stevens. Chicory Tip, Edison Lighthouse, Mud, Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe (Rockpile?), Golden Earring, The Foundations...  

The bleedin' list is endless! As is the list of local support bands. Black Mass, Nasty Piece of Work, Exile, Gasp, threeze-up (lol), Juice, Gerry and the Facebreakers (sic), Roadhouse, Nightshift, and others. 

.....Tokyo Rose who opened for Wishbone Ash... ;)   (puts own trumpet down :lol:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

C'mon then, let's put names to faces on these photos. I'm enjoying this thread and its great memories.

That Exile line-up had Dick Raine on bass, Ian Hadman keyboards, Tony Buxton lead, Tim Reynolds drums and Mike Reynolds vocal. The line-up changed often over the years but that is the original core apart from Dick Raine who stood in for Dave Welch that night due to illness.

Nasty Piece of Work were : Dave Henthorn lead, Dick Raine bass, Timmy McDowell drums, Jerry Christian on vocals. Ian Hadman was a later addition, after Exile took a sojourn. With the Nasties, it was everything a little bit louder than everything else :huh:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, quilp said:

That Exile line-up had Dick Raine on bass, Ian Hadman keyboards, Tony Buxton lead, Tim Reynolds drums and Mike Reynolds vocal. The line-up changed often over the years but that is the original core apart from Dick Raine who stood in for Dave Welch that night due to illness.

Nasty Piece of Work were : Dave Henthorn lead, Dick Raine bass, Timmy McDowell drums, Jerry Christian on vocals. Ian Hadman was a later addition, after Exile took a sojourn. With the Nasties, it was everything a little bit louder than everything else :huh:

I still see Dick around; haven't seen Dave for a few years.  Timmy is now deceased, sadly, and the last I heard of Jerry (fantastic singer, could match Ian Gillan easily) he was in the far East.  Used to have some great nights with them, but it was all a long time ago. 

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I still see Dick around; haven't seen Dave for a few years.  Timmy is now deceased, sadly, and the last I heard of Jerry (fantastic singer, could match Ian Gillan easily) he was in the far East.  Used to have some great nights with them, but it was all a long time ago. 

Would that be the "big biscuits" and "heavy salad" Timmy McDowell?