MOUNTAIN ROAD

WTF

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been worse than that in fairness.

its The foreseeability of it all that puts IOMG on. Sticky wicket; we make it one way, leave it derestricted, have four cop cars at the Hairpin, one at least at the Bungalow and one at Brandywell. Then we have an SOP as to how it is shut down if something needs investigating because it is too dangerous to do so whilst the traffic continues to run.

That doesn’t really compute, does it 

32 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

its The foreseeability of it all that puts IOMG on. Sticky wicket; we make it one way, leave it derestricted, have four cop cars at the Hairpin, one at least at the Bungalow and one at Brandywell. Then we have an SOP as to how it is shut down if something needs investigating because it is too dangerous to do so whilst the traffic continues to run.

Notwithstanding that I am a proponent of more driver training rather than imposition of (potentially arbitrary, subject to debate) speed limits, this IoM approach does have a whiff of la-la-la-I'm-not-listening about it.

1 hour ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Notwithstanding that I am a proponent of more driver training rather than imposition of (potentially arbitrary, subject to debate) speed limits, this IoM approach does have a whiff of la-la-la-I'm-not-listening about it.

Can you at least try and make sense rather than just spitting excessive words, it's not just teachers time your wasting.

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

what's an SOP?

9 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

even with a speed limit  the nutters that crash now would crash then,  you could just add speeding to the list of charges and give plod an excuse for an exciting bike chase over the mountain.    the one way  is more about the safety/protection  of what used to be for the most part innocent travellers heading north.   i wonder if all the cones have added to the danger as there is less road to go 'fast' on so people push  harder to get the most out of what wide bits of road are left to them.    i like the nurburgring concept for the mountain but the numbers would be overwhelming.

Archived