Hosepipe ban

Ham_N_Eggs

I met three of the MUA water department senior managers lately. One was a drip, another a little squirt and the third was extremely wet. Even though they pooled their remarks, I decided to filter what they said but when I decided to splash out and told them I’d be ignoring the hosepipe ban it precipitated them going off at the deep end. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I once knew someone who changed the water in their outdoor swimming pool once a week every summer, hosepipe ban or not. It took a few thousand gallons too. Don't think he was ever prosecuted, although a fine would only have been small change.  

To be fair, such as this and planning laws, probably tax laws too, doesn't apply to the very rich on the Isle of Man.

• Like 1

Building another 300 homes at Camlork may overstretch the water supply. Then we would need to spend another x million building a new reservoir. To pay for that we will need more tax payers so guess what, we would need to build more houses.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If I remember correctly Barrie Stephens was the Islands Hose Pipe Enforcement officer in 76/77..

By now then the C.S. will have  Head of Hose Pipe Enforcement, Two Deputies for Enforcing Hose Pipe Bans, Four Hose Pipe Enforcement Officers.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2