PAC members to recuse themselves from film losses inquiry

gettafa

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Did Mr Moyle have anything to do with this?

"Mr Gubay has now trained his legal big guns on Roly Drower by suing him for internet libel. He has achieved what seems to be a legal world first by persuading a Manx judge to issue a draconian search, seizure and gagging order against Mr Drower, as well as an order he reveal his sources."

I think you know the answer

9 hours ago, gettafa said:

Manx Radio

I don't think any of them want to 'go there'. Just about the whole shebang will have had their fingers in the Film Industry in one way or another.

Mrs Poole Wilson is recusing because her husband husband is a partner in a firm which advised on the Media Development Fund (Was that not the same firm** that advised on the MEA loans, or is that a different subject?)

Maybe the Film Industry stuff will just get pushed in with the rest of the stuff under the lumpy Tynwald carpet.

Edited to add:

* Very same firm. What a surprise.

Just shows they know what a colossal and toxic turd this is. 

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Massive order of broad-nib redactment pens placed....I can see the outcome of this keeping the SPCo report company?

Come to think of it the common denominator to your comment is we bought both the feckers !!!!! LOL

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

"Mr Gubay has now trained his legal big guns on Roly Drower by suing him for internet libel. He has achieved what seems to be a legal world first by persuading a Manx judge to issue a draconian search, seizure and gagging order against Mr Drower, as well as an order he reveal his sources."

Nope.

18 minutes ago, gettafa said:
3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Nope.

You believe what you want .

4 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Massive order of broad-nib redactment pens placed....I can see the outcome of this keeping the SPCo report company?

I think your right. It’s sad really, we were sold the idea that these MLC types were something wonderful and would ‘do the business’. Sounds like Poole Wilson doesn’t want to get her hands dirty, so looking at conflict of interests (which may or not be true). Sounds odd, as I’m sure when these half wits are voting on something in the Land of Tynpotwald, how do we know there is no conflict of interest involved. With all of these quarter of a brain cell politicos, whatever they vote on, they will have a conflict of interest - finance, banking, law etc. Next time Poole Wilson is presented with legislation regarding the legal profession or relating to a legal matter, perhaps she may recuse herself, as she is a ‘advocate’, has been an advocate and has extensive contacts in the legal fraternity, so is somewhat biased and is unable to look at something objectively. 

Perhaps only those Tynpotwalders who come from a manual skills/unskilled background such as washing machine repair persons, etc, may be better to sit on a committee they can’t cite conflict of interests or recuse themsives.

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Perhaps only those Tynpotwalders who come from a manual skills/unskilled background such as washing machine repair persons, etc, may be better to sit on a committee they can’t cite conflict of interests or recuse themsives.

........ or understand it either ........   FFS

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

If it involved money laundering they'd  be experts.

Archived