PAC members to recuse themselves from film losses inquiry

gettafa

Manx Radio

I don't think any of them want to 'go there'. Just about the whole shebang will have had their fingers in the Film Industry in one way or another.

Mrs Poole Wilson is recusing because her husband husband is a partner in a firm which advised on the Media Development Fund (Was that not the same firm** that advised on the MEA loans, or is that a different subject?)

Maybe the Film Industry stuff will just get pushed in with the rest of the stuff under the lumpy Tynwald carpet.

Edited to add:

* Very same firm. What a surprise.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The attempted justification by Juan "Where's the next jolly?" Watterson to wit:

"It's about public perception"

I thought was really really funny.

I mean, does he really think the public perception of Tynwald could possibly get any lower?

With his contribution I wouldn't have thought that was possible.....

5 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I am supprised Michael Moyle has not stood for an election somewhere, he now seems to have dwindled into retirement ( at the bottom of the brown cow ), but he is the sort of person who would be good in an enquiry.

eh WHY ?

How long have you been here ?

10 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I am supprised Michael Moyle has not stood for an election somewhere, he now seems to have dwindled into retirement ( at the bottom of the brown cow ), but he is the sort of person who would be good in an enquiry.

didn't he have is name in the hat for MLC  but didn't make it in??   you'd think they'd want people with experience of legislation,  or maybe not..................................

1 minute ago, WTF said:

didn't he have is name in the hat for MLC  but didn't make it in??   you'd think they'd want people with experience of legislation,  or maybe not..................................

Polar opposite WTF, they want the easily manipulated...

25 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:
35 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

eh WHY ?

How long have you been here ?

Why not, if he was elected to either LEGCO or the Keys?

Well, he did not get elected last time which speaks volumes. I would not vote for him ever, even if he was the only person to stand.

Even if you only believe a quarter of what is said, that is enough.

37 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Well, he did not get elected last time which speaks volumes. I would not vote for him ever, even if he was the only person to stand.

Even if you only believe a quarter of what is said, that is enough.

Did Mr Moyle have anything to do with this?

"Mr Gubay has now trained his legal big guns on Roly Drower by suing him for internet libel. He has achieved what seems to be a legal world first by persuading a Manx judge to issue a draconian search, seizure and gagging order against Mr Drower, as well as an order he reveal his sources."

Archived