Daft Daphne is at it again

hissingsid

Would it not be easier if she went to live in Syria? She's spends so long banging on about Syrians and wanting to live amongst them I'm sure the sensible thing for her to do would be to move there if she's that attached to the place.

I don't remember her starting an appeal about Haiti when it was ravaged by mother nature a few years ago. Sub Saharan Africa has over a quarter of the worlds refugee population, where does South Sudan register on her radar?

How many of her constituents that are on the hospital waiting list or can't find a dentist are banging her door down about Syrian refugees?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

No mention of this in her election manifesto.

If it is such a popular issue why don't they just start a crowdfunding initiative to fund some refugees and use it to pay for any housing, education or medical costs.

I'm sure Daphne will be selling her house to assist towards the financial burden to the island. It's the least she could do.

14 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Because she’s an MHK and therefore has a mandate to represent the people who voted her in. Therefore I’d assume it’s a matter that’s been brought to her attention that she is pursuing. She’s not a bad MHK. One of the better ones in fact. 

Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups...

What was the final outcome the last time she dredged this topic up? In principle a sterling idea but in practice, the IOM does not have the infrastructure to deal with refugees. Also bear in mind that you don't get to pick and choose who arrives on these shores.

4 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups...

What was the final outcome the last time she dredged this topic up? In principle a sterling idea but in practice, the IOM does not have the infrastructure to deal with refugees. Also bear in mind that you don't get to pick and choose who arrives on these shores.

As simple as that.

Suspect she has got involved with that young Arabic speaking consultant based on island. Not practical here....purely based on service availability and logistics.

Meanwhile the civil service pension requirements builds into hundreds of £millions while the island burns.

Do your feckin job Daphne!

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

what's up- don't you want 30 year old asylum seekers going to school with your children..... 

Ipswich school reports 'pupil aged 30' to Home Office

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-46070239

Second pupil removed from Ipswich school amid age probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-46127762

Well you would not need to apply for a work permit.

6 hours ago, Neil Down said:

In principle a sterling idea but in practice, the IOM does not have the infrastructure to deal with refugees. Also bear in mind that you don't get to pick and choose who arrives on these shores.

We already have home grown child rapists so I doubt there’s much to worry about from the odd Syrian.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=43923&headline=Eight years for man who raped boy&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

By the way we are able to choose who we get. That’s been made clear before. 

11 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

We already have home grown child rapists so I doubt there’s much to worry about from the odd Syrian.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=43923&headline=Eight years for man who raped boy&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

I didn't mention child rapists, you did

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There are many "odd" Syrians.

We don't need them

We don't want them

We can't help them

Why the hell should we take any in ?

As for the home grown one you linked to , Only 8 years and out in 4. Mental. Should be life for that horrible offence.

I hope he suffers in prison and gets the real punishment on his release. TWAT.:angry:

I've only ever known one Syrian family fairly intimately and they were (/are, I haven't seen them for years) absolutely lovely. Really friendly and generous. I think we've got scope to take in a few refugees on the island, why not, after all it would just be a token gesture really. Although they'd probably be bored stiff over here. Be nice if an authentic Syrian restaurant or food store opened over here. 

Archived