The 'Trans' Issue.

quilp

48 minutes ago, quilp said:

Did you read it? I think not. A person has to have ovaries in the first place. The third recommendation from the bottom, i.e. "trans boys and men can have periods too."

Whoever believes that crap will believe anything.

Once again, proving you do not understand the thing you are so angry about not understanding.

I should elaborate more as in my "anger" I clouded my post.

My issue is with the direction that the discussion and quite possibly the law is heading regarding trans-diagnosis and especially the issue of transition when it comes to children. All I see and hear is a loud and noisy, agenda-driven minority of trans-activists hell-bent on promoting some abstract ideology of 'equality.' The same minority which goes to great lengths to silence those who are critical of the intersectional orthodoxies currently under discussion regarding trans issues.

Like the majority of people, it's fairly obvious that I don't believe a man can, in reality be a woman, or vice-versa and the promotion of this ideology seems to know no bounds. It appears the onus is on society and now the law that has to change and adapt to a very small number of individuals suffering from a subjective gender identity-crisis.

Obviously, gender confusion is a very complex, socio-psychological disorder. But the promotion and accommodation being shown to it has become over-reaching. I'm specifically talking about kids here, whose parents (and other sections of society) see gender-transition as acceptable and on that whim it is something we all must accept without question, lest we incur their collective wrath.

I know, RIchard, you'd like to see opinionated people such as I be intimidated into silence but the trans issue, with all it's complexities and possible effects on society, needs to be discussed without the finger-pointing and derogation we see from political activists intent on enshrining such 'equality' into law.

In Germany now, it is okay to define oneself as one wishes without question or medical confirmation. In Britain, an offender, biologically a bloke and a violent sex-offender to boot, decides he's female and is promptly moved to a woman's prison where he progresses to sexually assaulting other women prisoners. And a mother who, without any conscience, takes her 13 year-old son to Thailand and puts him through irreversible surgery to create a daughter. Before he was able to provide informed consent.

Is this what you'd like to see? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

I should elaborate more as in my "anger" I clouded my post.

My issue is with the direction that the discussion and quite possibly the law is heading regarding trans-diagnosis and especially the issue of transition when it comes to children. All I see and hear is a loud and noisy, agenda-driven minority of trans-activists hell-bent on promoting some abstract ideology of 'equality.' The same minority which goes to great lengths to silence those who are critical of the intersectional orthodoxies currently under discussion regarding trans issues.

Like the majority of people, it's fairly obvious that I don't believe a man can, in reality be a woman, or vice-versa and the promotion of this ideology seems to know no bounds. It appears the onus is on society and now the law that has to change and adapt to a very small number of individuals suffering from a subjective gender identity-crisis.

Obviously, gender confusion is a very complex, socio-psychological disorder. But the promotion and accommodation being shown to it has become over-reaching. I'm specifically talking about kids here, whose parents (and other sections of society) see gender-transition as acceptable and on that whim it is something we all must accept without question, lest we incur their collective wrath.

I know, RIchard, you'd like to see opinionated people such as I be intimidated into silence but the trans issue, with all it's complexities and possible effects on society, needs to be discussed without the finger-pointing and derogation we see from political activists intent on enshrining such 'equality' into law.

In Germany now, it is okay to define oneself as one wishes without question or medical confirmation. In Britain, an offender, biologically a bloke and a violent sex-offender to boot, decides he's female and is promptly moved to a woman's prison where he progresses to sexually assaulting other women prisoners. And a mother who, without any conscience, takes her 13 year-old son to Thailand and puts him through irreversible surgery to create a daughter. Before he was able to provide informed consent.

Is this what you'd like to see? 

Do you get hayfever from all the strawmen you create?

In Britain, an offender, biologically a bloke and a violent sex-offender to boot, decides he's female and is promptly moved to a woman's prison where he progresses to sexually assaulting other women prisoners.

No I do not want to see that, as no sane person would, but then sex offences happen in single sex prisons everyday, have done since the concept of prisons were invented, and probably will continue as long as there are prisons.  What you are doing is using the exception to disprove the rule.

And a mother who, without any conscience, takes her 13 year-old son to Thailand and puts him through irreversible surgery to create a daughter. Before he was able to provide informed consent.

Parents have been doing mad shit to their kids, sometimes to the detrement of the child, since parents were invented.  Lopping off foreskins, denying them medical attention to appease their beary sky wizard, etc.  Again, using the exception to disprove the rule.

I know, RIchard, you'd like to see opinionated people such as I be intimidated into silence

No, I would like you to see you try to understand the trans issue and the realities facing trans people, rather than doing your usual "grumpy old man" schtick, and thinking that your tiny little bubble of the world is the only one, and anything outside that is wrong.

Maybe if you tried empathy and reason, rather than anger and outrage, your world wouldn't seem so small and fraught with woes.

I reckon its mostly made up anyway. I'm sure there are some genuine medical cases involving chromosomes extra x's where there should be y's or whathaveyou  but the majority of cases are going to be something else. Quilp is right to raise the point he has, it is a nonsense. That's why that dutch guy tried to get his age changed. He lost but his point was the ridiculousness of the issue. That guy who got arrested for being a drunk idiot the other week is a good example. He wants to be a woman for the attention. Crappy unbringing, weird uncle, incestuous siblings are all factors in his background so now he pretends to be a girl.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I reckon its mostly made up anyway. I'm sure there are some genuine medical cases involving chromosomes extra x's where there should be y's or whathaveyou  but the majority of cases are going to be something else. 

I find it hard to believe people would go through hormone treatment and getting their bits changed and face the social impacts of a change of gender without a deep understanding that it’s appropriate for them. 

• Thanks 2