Minister says benefits outweigh cost of Jersey trip

gettafa

To be fair, it's nice to see Howard has managed to acquire some dress sense.  I wonder has he dumped his lucky two tone shirt/s with the white stay tatty collars.

I see where he is coming from though. I have always had shit dress sense. As a spotty teenager I became very attached to my lucky snorkel parka and wore it for ages after they went out of fashion. The blue nylon type, not even the cool green mod type. (In hindsight it was surely a most effective form of birth control).

Anyway, at least Howard now looks something like the part down there in Westminster.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, gettafa said:

Anyway, at least Howard now looks something like the part down there in Westminster.

Part of what? Possibly the rearmost part of a horse.

16 hours ago, Chris C said:

I've noticed these junket discussion always go the same way.  Everyone agrees they are just a taxpayer funded jollie and complete waste of money, except for one wheni who pops up and says they are necessary and justified to try and make everyone think he is a very important and worldly business man.

If you don't like other points of view don't log onto a forum. I'm not justifying a trip of 9 people, I just think a meeting with other crown dependencies at this moment in time is probably a good thing.

7 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

If you don't like other points of view don't log onto a forum. I'm not justifying a trip of 9 people, I just think a meeting with other crown dependencies at this moment in time is probably a good thing.

Yes but they should be useful discussions, like the possibility of sharing an Auditor General & stuff like that - proper talks with an agenda

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Funnily enough there was a lecture on comparative crown dependency constitutional law featuring Jersey at the Nunnery last night and none of the The Nine were there

Nunnery - boring

No free buffet - boring

No jolly away from home - boring

Brexit - boring

I have just been and given my travel agent a price of my mind he is not doing a great job I only asked for a few days in Jersey in a decent hotel, full board of course, and he said thathe could not find anyway he could help me for a budget of two hundred and fifty smackers, that is after he had finished laughing that is.

14 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I'd definitely swap my travel agent sid if I were you. Just found an easyjet combo for IOM/JER for £85 return.

I bet the CS who organised the travel researched and booked that for the trip too. :huh:

Archived