Minister says benefits outweigh cost of Jersey trip

gettafa

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, finlo said:

And your accomadation and nosh etc?

Go and look yourself. I priced a three night stay with easyjet. Booking.com gives three nights accommodation for the same nights from £90.

I'm not saying it was right for them to go on a jolly. I am saying however that too many of you guys simply make things up. A quick bit of research shows that it can be done. Whether it was done will no doubt show whenever anyone does an FOI.

46 minutes ago, woolley said:

And still nobody has said what the benefits are. Only that they outweighed the cost. So what are they?

"Intangible....unquantifiable".

They would all be having single rooms for starters!!!! and that is usually about 30 quid extra the food and drink, taxis etc...not convinced these prices always start with the word...from and I bet they were not staying at a three star hotel either . However it will obviously be worth it even if Jersey and ourselves have next to nothing in common, and why MLCs ? 

11 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

They would all be having single rooms for starters!!!! and that is usually about 30 quid extra the food and drink, taxis etc...not convinced these prices always start with the word...from and I bet they were not staying at a three star hotel either . However it will obviously be worth it even if Jersey and ourselves have next to nothing in common, and why MLCs ? 

Keep everyone in the tent pissing out thats why !!!!!!!

Did we ever get the report on the New Zealand trip ? Was that useful ?    The bright, or not so bright sparks who went to Jersey should be made to attend a question and answer session where the public could ask questions and receive the fountains of knowledge gleaned on their little jolly after it is good to share and we are an Island of complete transparency and we are all in this together, are we not ?    Smoke and mirror type government is surely in the past as is the diversion tactic approach.   Share the experience guys after all we sponsored you to go, although we were unaware of it at the time.    Prove these trips are worthwhile!!!!!

Archived