Isle of Scrotes

Max Power

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

There's something in what you say. 

Thomas' MO is to re-run the Blaironomics period all over again, when he went on the rampage to fill government offices to the gunnels, either to take them off the dole register, increase the intake of Yoonies (edukashun, edukashun, edukashun) and pay them all private enterprise wages so as to increase GDP.

Is no one in COMIN/Tynwald listening??

I’ve thought this for a while to be honest. Outside of e-gaming and IOMG the job market seems petty flat and property transactions look really down suggesting people don’t have much certainty to borrow against to move up. I can’t see where jobs are being created outside of the public sector and one key economy growth driver. 

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

It's very rare that I bother to open the Courier before moving it to the bin but today was an exception. 

Amidst its pages we find:

1) Car stolen with dog inside, after lashing out at the owner.

2) Two men fined after a fracas with a bouncer.

3) Teenager tries to run from court lashing out at those who tried to prevent her.

4) Two men steal a car after a night of drinking.

5) Man fined for being drunk and disorderly.

6) Drink driving solicitor drives off the Mountain Road.

7) Knifeman restrained with Pava spray.

8) Shoplifter stole £348 from Tynwald Mills.

Most of these taken in isolation are fairly minor offences when compared to some places in the UK, but I often wonder when wandering around the town if we are breeding an underclass on this island? We certainly seem to have our fair share of knuckledraggers for such a small place?  

What about the guy who had £12.58 worth of weed on him. Going to gaol as already on suspended sentence. . Ffs the state of the Police and judiciary is a national disgrace. And they reckon the police is understaffed and under funded. I’d say otherwise. 

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

I often wonder when wandering around the town if we are breeding an underclass on this island? We certainly seem to have our fair share of knuckledraggers for such a small place?   

Yes, but most of them are first or second generation from the UK, not Manx.

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The Island is intrinsically Safe. The “headlines” in the courier would fill a column in a provincial town - and they are published daily.

Volume Crime is the least of our worries.

I agree there Derek, I think what I'm trying to say is that we have a lot of very boorish people around the towns of the island more than a huge volume of criminal activity. Some of them don't bother to change their trackies when they get up in the morning!

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

Yes, but most of them are first or second generation from the UK, not Manx.

Don't let the faux Scouse accents fool you, unfortunately there's quite a few Manx names which crop up. 

Archived