NSC

hissingsid

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The proper response (I've not seen the Facebook exchange and don't know what was said) would be to ask her constituent to contact her privately with details.  Facebook isn't the proper place to deal with private casework, especially when there are children involved.

Well said. Unfortunately Facebook groups are used and megaphone negotiating and diplomacy is order of the game. He/She who shouts the loudest ……….

2 hours ago, Paulos The Great said:

Maybe here dad wasn’t there to tell her what to say? 

Surely she must have some modicum of intelligence and common sense? Or does she need a noddy guide and a MHK guide for Idiots handbook? 

What has Clare Christian MHK Douglas South got to say? I am assuming that there will a MHK soundbite silence, until someone or body is severely criticised?

It also depends on exactly what she said.  Did she offer concern, understanding and sympathy, ending with "what result do you  expect?", which is a common response in complaints handling and may have either been phrased clumsily, or interpreted wrongly .  Or did she really just say what she is reported to have said? 

On 12/30/2021 at 5:59 PM, 2112 said:

‘What do you expect me to do?’ was the question allegedly quoted by D. Cretneys Daughter, so I have heard.  I would expect questions, and total transparency. To be brutally honest I think Ann Corlett would step up to the plate, and she’s invisible most of the time.

IOMG closing ranks, sweep and rug come to mind. 

Why describe her as D Cretneys daughter?

She is Sarah Maltby MHK.

Would you prefer to be described as the child of 2112’s parents?

A little respect for a democratically elected politician would not come amiss.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I wrote it in my sleep. Obnoxious how?

You’re simply an obnoxious troll who clearly thinks they’re funny when actually you come across as very disturbed. Now off to bed before those fireworks wake you up again. I’d put money on it that you’re that equally obnoxious clown from Ashley Park. 

3 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

You’re simply an obnoxious troll who clearly thinks they’re funny when actually you come across as very disturbed. Now off to bed before those fireworks wake you up again. I’d put money on it that you’re that equally obnoxious clown from Ashley Park. 

How much money?

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why describe her as D Cretneys daughter?

She is Sarah Maltby MHK.

Would you prefer to be described as the child of 2112’s parents?

A little respect for a democratically elected politician would not come amiss.

I very much doubt the daughter of D Cretney, a Sarah Maltby would have got elected if she wasn’t the daughter of D Cretney. I wonder if she would have got elected in Douglas Central or Douglas North?

Respect? Should I doff my hat? I and many others pay her wages, and other privileges  let’s not forget that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I very much doubt the daughter of D Cretney, a Sarah Maltby would have got elected if she wasn’t the daughter of D Cretney. I wonder if she would have got elected in Douglas Central or Douglas North?

Respect? Should I doff my hat? I and many others pay her wages, and other privileges  let’s not forget that. 

I for one think she would have been elected in her own merits. I have to wonder how much of your vitriol comes from basic unconscious misogyny. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I wonder if she would have got elected in Douglas Central or Douglas North?

The alternatives were pisspoor, "I was a pilot you know" and an illiterate diatribe about civil servants. Her policies are sensible and attractive, but not just in comparison.

I voted for her and I'm new enough to the island to not have a scooby who David Cretney is.

It's interesting how you're equally unpleasant about Claire Christian. I wonder why that might be...

ETA I'd be astounded if Sarah Maltby was so rude as to say what has been reported. I suspect it's more that some numbnuts on Facebook was correctly signposted to the NSC and/or DESC and took the hump.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Thanks 1