NSC

hissingsid

Just four and a half million, not bad if you say it quickly, not on time but that is normal.   It makes the mere twenty million quid we are paying for the promenade a bit of a bargain, after all  everyone uses the promenade not just a fraction of the population.  Will the new swimming pool be Olympic sized as was the one at Summerland where it could have been used for competitions or is it just going to be pretty.   The price of tiles must have increased a lot since I had my bathroom done, man on Talking Heads reckons it will be great not to have mouldy grouting to contend with so well worth four and a half million then.    How old is it anyway ? Never mind the sporty group will always be well looked after and whilst we have the dosh to spare we may as well spend it.  

54 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Just four and a half million, not bad if you say it quickly, not on time but that is normal.   It makes the mere twenty million quid we are paying for the promenade a bit of a bargain, after all  everyone uses the promenade not just a fraction of the population.  Will the new swimming pool be Olympic sized as was the one at Summerland where it could have been used for competitions or is it just going to be pretty.   The price of tiles must have increased a lot since I had my bathroom done, man on Talking Heads reckons it will be great not to have mouldy grouting to contend with so well worth four and a half million then.    How old is it anyway ? Never mind the sporty group will always be well looked after and whilst we have the dosh to spare we may as well spend it.  

Mabye  just  my memory, but wasn't the one at the Aquadrome about 1 mtr too small to be olympic ?

• Like 4

Well it ain't a new pool anyway. It is being repaired and refurbished partly through want of adequate maintenance for over 20 years which has finally caught up with them. I use the NSC far more than I use the prom, so there is a little redress for those who think nobody uses it. We do need more sports facilities, not less, for we need to get a far higher proportion of the population off their fat backsides and raising their pulse rates. It might make us healthier as a group. Not sure about the efficiency of the running of the place, or the attitude of some of the staff on occasions, but we do need the place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What do you expect when the Minister is Graham Cregeen! I always blame the electorate of Arbory, Castletown and Malew for voting him in as an MHK in the first place, you get what you deserve Arbory, Castletown and Malew however in this case he is affecting every IOM tax payer.

Not fit for purpose springs to my mind everytime I hear of him.

Edited by Last Ten
Spelling mistake.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

What do you expect when the Minister is Graham Cregeen! I always blame the electorate of Arbory, Castletown and Malew for voting him in as an MHK in the first place, you get what you deserve Arbory, Castletown and Malew however in this case he is affecting every IOM tax payer.

I can only apologise, I voted for Mr Cregeen on two salient points 1. It kept Gawne out ! and 2. He can piss unaided !, his elevation to Ministerial office however cannot be blamed on us LOL !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

I apologise too. I voted against Cregeen on the grounds he is a moron, but my efforts were in vain. Also turned in Moorehouse. 

• Like 1

I just can’t understand where the bloody money is going, it’s still the same pools and water slides for 4.5m. Also another month extension for “unforseeables”, how can that be when it’s already existing.  The contractors are taking the fucking piss on this one, and milking every fucking penny.  

Cregeen should be telling them to fuck off and finish the pool for the price quoted. Cunt. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Last Ten said:

Having elected Cregeen and Moorhouse, the voters of Arbory, Castletown and Malew just pipped their rivals in Onchan, who bravely tried with Callister and Edge, to the “Are you bloody joking...that pair!” Trophy at the last General Election.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2