NSC

hissingsid

18 hours ago, Gizo said:

I just can’t understand where the bloody money is going, it’s still the same pools and water slides for 4.5m. Also another month extension for “unforseeables”, how can that be when it’s already existing.  The contractors are taking the fucking piss on this one, and milking every fucking penny.  

Cregeen should be telling them to fuck off and finish the pool for the price quoted. Cunt. 

Slides have all gone (I assume they're not putting the same ones back) and there's been fairly extensive remodelling in that area (new concrete). Floating floor has been replaced entirely. £4.5m seems steep but I wouldn't agree to do it for any less. 

Whether the refurb was necessary in the first place is a different matter - I don't think it was in bad shape. Floating floor had apparently reached the end of it's life - not quite sure how considering what it was made of, but there you go. Again whether it was necessary in the first place is a different question. 

If you consider how the island's pools are actually used it does seem a bit odd to spent so much on one pool. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure there was a major refurb in 2010 or so, which saw changes to the slides and equipments?

There was a Govt statement that said "Believe it or not, the equipment is now 20yrs old" (NSC constructed 1990ish?) and it was well overdue.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Last Ten said:

I wonder whatever happened to Mr Coole the Ballakermeen swimming teacher? He was sadistic.

A trait among teachers of yore not confined solely to Mr. Coole.