Residents object to Derbyhaven development.

Max Power

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Is he selling the property, the ingoing or the lease? Any idea how much he is asking for whichever? What is the rent if leased?

The ingoing shouldn't be much, £10k by now??? Goodwill? Well, if he's selling up!

Great little place, needs a bit of traveling to but they have sought out a niche.

Teapot, dinner for a tenner??? Do you mean dinner at lunchtime, you pleb??? Surely evening and a drink would be more than a tenner? If not, there's the problem!

i think the dinner for a tenner comment must have been aimed at the 19th hole,  two=six is more like sandwich and a coffee for a tenner

• Haha 1

Interesting to see proposed project for the old Castletown Golf Links Hotel,my wife and I had our honeymoon there in 2004,the Fletcher Christian suite no less.It was a really decent place.Were from " across" and golf clubs are having a hard time ,especially in Scotland where new drink driving laws mean nobody can even risk a pint of normal beer after a game.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:57 PM, John Wright said:

Hotels are often owned by the developer or a pension or property fund. They’re operated under a franchise agreement, lease, or marketing and booking agreement.

There are two good places to go in Derbyhaven, 19th hole and Cafe Bar Two-Six.

Thanks John, I happen to run No.19 - if any of our members are in when I am there, let me know, it’s always good to have a chat about local issues!

Will

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John Wright said:

Seems Cafe Bar Two-Six are doing £9 lunches, choice of starter and main. 

And booking on line is available right through to at least end June.

You must be wrong John, Gizo informs us it is closing... :whistling:

47 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You must be wrong John, Gizo informs us it is closing... :whistling:

I’m always wrong. Ask @woody2 

I’m no fun at parties.

Apparently the ones at Cronkbourne were wild. ( you’d better check with Victim Support, Manx Amateur Drama Federation, Arts Council, and other charities that benefited from fund raisers, my ex staff because that’s where we had summer works dos, my fathers life celebration, when we had Jim Caine and his jazz quartet. Lord knows what they got up to when I got tired and went to bed.)

Cant do right for doing wrong.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Ďouglas Peel said:

Interesting to see proposed project for the old Castletown Golf Links Hotel,my wife and I had our honeymoon there in 2004,the Fletcher Christian suite no less.It was a really decent place.Were from " across" and golf clubs are having a hard time ,especially in Scotland where new drink driving laws mean nobody can even risk a pint of normal beer after a game.

Hotel was run down for last 15 years of operation. Food offering terrible. Functions a nightmare. Most bedrooms cold and damp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’m no fun at parties.

Apparently the ones at Cronkbourne were wild. ( you’d better check with Victim Support, Manx Amateur Drama Federation, Arts Council, and other charities that benefited from fund raisers, my ex staff because that’s where we had summer works dos, my fathers life celebration, when we had Jim Caine and his jazz quartet. Lord knows what they got up to when I got tired and went to bed.)

John, I was not being critical of your parties, quite the opposite

59 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

John, I was not being critical of your parties, quite the opposite

Didn’t think for one minute that you were.

My Post was tongue in cheek, first line giveaway?

Perhaps I’ve had a humour by pass.

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’m no fun at parties.

Diddums.