Residents object to Derbyhaven development.

Max Power

45 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Didn’t think for one minute that you were.

My Post was tongue in cheek, first line giveaway?

Perhaps I’ve had a humour by pass.

Nah, not you. 

I just thought you had missed my intent.

I know how much you’ve done for good causes.

Bottom line is government gave hotel owners lease of land to build hotel opposite airport in prime position on pretext of keeping hotel rooms available while derbyhaven venue and hotel was refurbished

not surprising they sold the hotel... and here we are... housing complex, residential, 

mount Murray ring a bell anyone..ha ha

and the DOI handed them the investment opportunity of hotel and bumping up value of the derbyhaven land on prime residential area.

what next...I predict airport hotel will need an extension then bobs your uncle ..win win for everyone apart from residents of Derby haven. 

Edited by buncha wankas
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, buncha wankas said:

Bottom line is government gave hotel owners lease of land to build hotel opposite airport in prime position on pretext of keeping hotel rooms available while derbyhaven venue and hotel was refurbished

not surprising they sold the hotel... and here we are... housing complex, residential, 

mount Murray ring a bell anyone..ha ha

and the DOI handed them the investment opportunity of hotel and bumping up value of the derbyhaven land on prime residential area.

what next...I predict airport hotel will need an extension then bobs your uncle ..win win for everyone apart from residents of Derby haven. 

I think you are a little mixed up in your slating.

I don't see any issue with the plans.

A block of 40 apartments and maybe a hotel has got to be better than the shithole that is there now.

Did anyone object to the building of the houses these sad "nimbys" are living in.

A hotel and flats must be better than what is there now.

There are some incredibly shit houses down there to start with. Pot calling kettle, again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I don't see any issue with the plans.

A block of 40 apartments and maybe a hotel has got to be better than the shithole that is there now.

Did anyone object to the building of the houses these sad "nimbys" are living in.

A hotel and flats must be better than what is there now.

There are some incredibly shit houses down there to start with. Pot calling kettle, again.

there is nothing to stop the shithole being demolished and nothing being built,  like the old prison site.     40 apartments and maybe a hotel = 40 apartments and no hotel or 50 apartments and no hotel once they've started and then gone back to planning.   if it was a hotel and then maybe 40 apartments it might not be such an issue but builders have a habit of forgetting to build the sweeteners they throw in at the planning stage.  when ballawattleworth first went up , dodgy ridge tile fitting and all,  there was supposed to be a childrens play area similar to the one behind the fire station in peel.  when some residents with kids complained they were told the play area at the back of the highwayman pub was it which was  nothing like the BS spouted to help with planning application for locals eyes.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, WTF said:

there is nothing to stop the shithole being demolished and nothing being built,  like the old prison site.     40 apartments and maybe a hotel = 40 apartments and no hotel or 50 apartments and no hotel once they've started and then gone back to planning.   if it was a hotel and then maybe 40 apartments it might not be such an issue but builders have a habit of forgetting to build the sweeteners they throw in at the planning stage.  when ballawattleworth first went up , dodgy ridge tile fitting and all,  there was supposed to be a childrens play area similar to the one behind the fire station in peel.  when some residents with kids complained they were told the play area at the back of the highwayman pub was it which was  nothing like the BS spouted to help with planning application for locals eyes.

Dandara have form for that.

Whatever happened to the land swap with Dept. of Education in Kirk Michael?

It should be the site of the Islands only 5 star hotel.

The setting is idyllic & a golf course surrounding it that is quite superb.

As is the case with everything, it all boils down to £ & returns on any investment.

Its such a shame that apartments are destined for the land and the hotel will likely be nothing more than a Sefton Express.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

It should be the site of the Islands only 5 star hotel.

The setting is idyllic & a golf course surrounding it that is quite superb.

As is the case with everything, it all boils down to £ & returns on any investment.

Its such a shame that apartments are destined for the land and the hotel will likely be nothing more than a Sefton Express.

It is also a shame that when the land was sold to Dandara everybody and their dog knew the intention was to wear planning down to build apartments and the hotel for which permission existed was of little or no interest ! Who sold them the land ?

Edited by asitis
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, asitis said:

It is also a shame that when the land was sold to Dandara everybody and their dog knew the intention was to wear planning down to build apartments and the hotel for which permission existed was of little or no interest ! Who sold them the land ?

A Court Judgement of roughly £1m was made against Graham Ferguson Lacey (around 2012), resulted in the Golf Links and Hotel being sold as two separate entities. Fort Island Developments (a Dandara owned company) bought the Hotel, and have been trying to develop it as a 40 Bedroom Hotel on the side and rear ground floor, with a similar amount of Luxury Apartments on the upper floors. A good percentage of Derbyhaven Residents have been vehemently opposing the proposal from an early stage, including the Golf Course owners.

That is pretty much it in a nutshell.

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Dandara have form for that.

Whatever happened to the land swap with Dept. of Education in Kirk Michael?

Not enough beads, mirrors, glass marbles and sheep's teeth offered to satisfy the locals.

• Haha 2