Chief minister declares climate emergency

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Bricklaying does have great benefits indeed. Nothing quite matches the joy of children, 10 times the joy for this lucky couple x

There's hardly a shortage of humans though. It does seem that we're in danger of taking over the planet.

6 minutes ago, paul's got wright said:

Bricklaying does have great benefits indeed. Nothing quite matches the joy of children, 10 times the joy for this lucky couple x

Sorry, I'm basing my judgements on Ramsey... :lol:

3 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

David Icke coined it "problem-reaction-solution".

He may well have done, but it goes back a lot further than Icke. It may even be in the Art of War quite possibly, but one of the great philosophers of all time gave his name to it: the Hegelian Dialectic.

11 hours ago, Butterflies said:

What a load of tosh.  Perhaps read NASA's opinion or Skeptical Science's opinion :

"Expert consensus is a powerful thing. People know we don’t have the time or capacity to learn about everything, and so we frequently defer to the conclusions of experts. It’s why we visit doctors when we’re ill. The same is true of climate change: most people defer to the expert consensus of climate scientists.

Expert consensus my arse. If there were a true scientific basis for AGW, it would not have been necessary for the University of East Anglia to fabricate the results of their research to please the corrupt Globalists who funded it. He who pays the piper calls the tune. Got caught out very nicely, they did. And their specious lies are just the tip of a giant iceberg of falsehoods and deceit that prop up this giant scam.

The level of CO2 in the atmosphere has remained constant at 400ppm now for well over a hundred years. And I can prove it, probably not to your satisfaction so I won't even bother to try. But if anyone else wants to see some real evidence on the subject, it I'm happy to oblige.

You made the mistake of obtaining all your disinformation from the mainstream media and the internet. If you want to know the truth - which YOU clearly don't, then you have to refer back to physical hard-copy printed before the advent of the climate change Agenda, and that means pre 1960 textbooks and studies. I keep a massive collection of old reference books because 99% of the c/r/a/p you read on the internet is tainted, slanted and utterly untrustworthy. Some day when all the physical books no longer survive, we will have nothing but online sources to refer to - and we'll be totally screwed. (Not that you care, so just go back to sleep.)

52 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

He may well have done, but it goes back a lot further than Icke. It may even be in the Art of War quite possibly, but one of the great philosophers of all time gave his name to it: the Hegelian Dialectic.

That's true but Icke is more hip and trendy.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, GD4XXX said:

It's all a giant con trick:

First a problem is created and designed to elicit a certain reaction out of the public. Then the people demand something be done about the problem and willingly accept the pre-planned solution; a solution that always involves actions or legislation that never would have passed under normal circumstances.

It works like this – the 'manipulating body' covertly creates a non-existent problem and then directs the media to incessantly focus on it without recourse. The problem could be anything – a war, a financial collapse, a rash of child abductions, or global warming. The power of the media can create the false perception that a big problem exists, even if it doesn’t … Once you have created this problem you make sure that an individual, a group or an aspect of society is blameworthy. This then rallies the population behind the desperate lunge for a solution to the problem. ‘Something must be done!’ they cry in unison. The people that created the problem in the first place then come back in and offer the solution that the people demand. Remember – the people screaming for a solution do not know that the problem was artificially created in the first place. The solution to the problem is always a further curtailment of freedom and/or massive tax rises  – which is precisely what the manipulating body wanted from the outset.

Whilst that is probably true in some circumstances - the cold war, fear of crime, the overreaction to 9-11. That doesn't mean that the original problem didn't exist - just that it's importance is given too much weight and the reactions are over the top. 

However, sometimes there is a serious threat that demands action - the rise of Fascism, the holocaust, and the Germany's annexation of neighbouring countries - for example. 

Climate Change is another example. In fact, the media and the governments have been incredibly slow to react to the challenge. Their incentive on this one has been to pretend it's not happening since they are largely funded by oil companies, plastics manufacturers, the polluters etc. There's only action now because the danger is so acute that the big business's bottom line will soon be affected. 

More absolute tosh from GD4XXX. Yes I'm sure you know more than 90+% of climate experts. As Declan so elegant puts it, those making vast sums of money have been trying to bury this problem for years because they are making SO MUCH money out of what is irreparably damaging the planet. Still I'm sure some scruffy pamphlet you've saved from 1962 has all the real answers :rolleyes:

as for someone with 10 kids, disgusting. Any more than 2 should be banned. No child benefit should be paid to anyone for more than one and people should be incentivised to be sterilized after their first .

Archived